JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Rest in Peace

Most intense show I ever saw was Slayer back in (cough, wheeze) 1990.

Better still, the Westboro "Baptist Church" is planning on protesting the funeral.

I'd like to see if that works out for them.

I know that they planned to protest a dead soldiers funeral in my brothers' town.

The local Motorcycle Club let them know that that wouldn't be a good idea, and the church called it off.

Last edited by a moderator:
RIP indeed. Back in my previous life I was in a band and we covered all of the Slayer favs--South of Heaven, Dead skin mask, Seasons, Mandatory suidcide, etc. so Jeff was a HUGE influence on me as a guitar player. I am lucky enough to have attended 3 Slayer shows over the years, all three with the legendary linup(yes, Lombardo too ;-) ).

First thing I did upon hearing the news was grab a cold one, head into the music room, pick up the trusty old washburn and play some of my slayer favorites. My kids had no idea that this person even existed(me jamming slayer on guitar), lol!

Huge loss, sucks for us metal heads.

SLAYER SLAYER SLAYER

Just blasted Show no mercy and Haunting the chapel on my PR10 monitors pushed by a Crown 200 watt power amp through an Alesis mixer. The lyrics just stick with ya:) What a great band! Gary Holt has to be an awesome stand in for JH. I go see Exodus every chance I get when they come. I lifted my youngest son into the air at his first Exodus show and watched him surf. He got handed the set list at the end of the show. Too cool! Megadeth at the armory was just OK. Good times when the kids respect and enjoy the BIG FOUR!!:rockon:

I cant tell you how EXCITED I am..... I would LOVE to witness this event. This should be something for Pay Per View. I want to see those people get their faces eaten off by pissed off Slayer fans. 16 or so years ago, I would be one of the people doin the eatin..... (Man how times have changed) I really hope those idiots do this. I would love to protest all of their funerals.....

(Currently listening to Slayer and gettin really uhhhhhhhhhhhh...... adrenalin filled!!!!!)

This is what I suspected/feared all along. This is partly because up until he announcement of Jeffs death, everything I had read indicated that he was rehabbing from the spider bite and was getting better. As a Slayer fan, I knew Jeff was a drinker--combine this with some prescription pain meds containing acetaminophen and good dose of depression and yeah. None of this takes anything away from the badass guitar giant that was Jeff Hanneman.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top