JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
He was most definitely one of the most colorful personalities of the firearms training community. I never trained with James or anyone at Tactical Response but I do credit him with my interest in the subject almost 15 years ago. ALS took him down fast. R.I.P. sir.

Oddly enough I looked him up 2 days before he passed and then thankfully because of that youtube search I got the news from the primary channel on the day of his death…Otherwise I never would have known.

I didnt agree with everything he said or did but I tuned into a few of his episodes and he had some fun content. How he went out was rough, he did not deserve that kind of end. Always sucks to lose a person from the 2A community even if I didnt always agree with them.

RIP Sir.

His content could at times be controversial but his contributions to the firearm community are unquestionable.

I met James Yeager in-person for the first and only time about 3 months ago when I was in Camden, TN for an instructor conference. I was not an invited guest, but there to gather video for my YouTube channel (ahem, RBB). The conference was held at Yeager's 'Tactical Response' classroom and then the TR range.

The footage never aired on my channel because I ended up getting a nasty case of Covid while there and spent half of the time in my hotel room.

When we met, James was tooling around his office. I introduced myself and he was extremely gracious. He took me back to show his video studio and could not have been a nicer guy. I was well aware of his persona, but found him to be a true gentleman in person.

Last Edited:
Oddly enough I looked him up 2 days before he passed and then thankfully because of that youtube search I got the news from the primary channel on the day of his death…Otherwise I never would have known.

I didnt agree with everything he said or did but I tuned into a few of his episodes and he had some fun content. How he went out was rough, he did not deserve that kind of end. Always sucks to lose a person from the 2A community even if I didnt always agree with them.
Damn well he didn't suffer too much he went out pretty dang fast! I knew someone who died of ALS a few years ago and it was brutal, years long slow drown out. I didn't agree with him on everything as well but I'm glad it was fast. I almost wouldn't wish that on anyone.

I trained with James and his crew three times. They were amazing and truly wanted to help people. Even if you don't agree with everything he says, he did a good job of conveying information. Before YouTube shut his first channel down and GOTX was still up, there was so much info from him and others it was amazing. Upstanding guy and crew!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top