JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Playing rock guitar since early 1970s, it's only by chance that I never attended a VH concert. I did, however, fly upside down in a carnival ride above their show at the Del Mar Fair one fine evening. Perfect sound, very enjoyable, Hear About It Later.

Last Edited:
A jackass of a human and to many bandmates, but a great guitarist, musician, and music. Saw the band in concert 3 times: Twice with Sammy and once with Gary Cherone ("self shuddering" at Gary). Always wanted to see Dave as HE is THE front man whether Eddie likes it or not.

The first concert I went to was Van Halen, but alas, it was their first tour with Sammy Hagar as the front man. Still, got good seats off to the side and Eddie came over and did a solo set about 20' from me. He just came over, sat down on the side of the stage, took a cigarette out of his mouth, stuck it on one of the stray string ends on the neck of his guitar, and just played for about 15 minutes.

I believe I was 15 or 16 at the time. It was awesome. I got a concert T-Shirt that said VAN HALEN KICKS bubblegum! in bright red letters on the back. My mom claims it got lost in the laundry about a month later, but I know she threw it away, lol.

One of the best there ever was, will be missed greatly! Got to see a couple of concerts, the For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge concert was an Epic show, opened with Pound Cake at Full Volume, DAMN that was an awesome show!

Eddie Van Halen…

"I'll never forget when Tower Records was still open here over on Sherman Oaks. I was buying something, and "Beat It" was playing over the store sound system. The solo comes on, and I hear these kids in front of me going, 'Listen to this guy trying to sound like Eddie Van Halen.' I tapped him on the shoulder and said, 'That is me!' That was hilarious."

2F10%2FEddie-van-halen-wolfgang-tool-concert-2019F.jpg

The Tool fan didn't know who he asked to take his picture.
According to the source material.

Drew Cary Show.

"Hey, it's 8:05 on a Wednesday evening, and that was "Panama," by Van Halen. Earlier we heard "Panama" by Van Halen. Starting off the set this evening with "Panama" by Van Halen. A little later we're going to hear "Panama" by Van Halen. And right now, a special dedication from Mimi to Drew, with a message, "Hit the road, Jack!" - it's "Panama" by Van Halen. "

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top