JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Yes, I am new to the Board! I love, love, love guns. There seems to be an emphasis here on self-defense stuff. I get that. We all want to be secure in our homes and protect our families.

But, . . . . most of my shooting is at the shotgun range and at live birds. I encourage all of you to get out to the shotgun range to shoot skeet, trap, 5-stand, and sporting clays. If you do that, I will try my hand at some three gun stuff, (though at age 63 I might be getting a late start). Just got a Ruger .22 Mark IV target and it is extremely accurate (by a good shooter - not me). I will work my way up to 9mm, .40, and maybe 45acp.

I would love to shoot at some live birds. I have shot trap a lot as a kid. But I never went bird hunting. If you ever need a younger guy to tag along I'd be more than happy to be the bird dog lol

Just got a Ruger .22 Mark IV target and it is extremely accurate (by a good shoot

Congrats!

I highly reccomend the Volqurstern trigger accurizing kit (about $130) as you will go from a 4.5lb trigger to a 2.5lb and can set the pre travel, over travel and reset - makes the gun a lot more accurate and enjoyable to shoot.

Also, I use "the ultimate clip loader" to load my mags and it is a must have ($19 on Amazon) - no sore thumb and it'll load a mag in 3-5 seconds;).

Oh, and I have 5 bird guns and 1 HD shotgun:D:p

Bird hunting guns...
Yeah I have a few...
DSC06557.jpg

DSC06561.jpg

DSC06606.jpg
Here are three of my favorites.
A original ( antique ) Flintlock Fowler in 20 gauge...
Another antique ...this time a combo gun in 12 gauge smoothbore and .44 rifled...
And my first gun that I owned...a Remington Wingmaster from 1962.
All are still used today for shooting and hunting.

Wingshooting and shooting sports / games are a excellent way to familiarize yourself with your gun.
The skills learned and practiced there , can be used for or crossed over to many different types or needs of shooting.
While I wouldn't say quit wasting time on intruder prep...it is good to get out and shoot at different types of targets and with a different mindset.
Andy

I've shot some trap, not much, but it was fun and I'd like to do it again sometime. But I'm not a hunter, so not much use for me to practice specifically for that purpose. Still, trap is fun, if for nothing else.

That said, my step-father, before he retired, would go hunting for Chukar with his boss once a year. Made some of the best summer sausage I've tasted. Too bad he no longer does that, I miss that sausage.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top