JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ive been meaning to do this for years. 45 Colt Lever action Rossi 92. Tirant 45 silencer . Sent it out and got it threaded .578 X 28. Got it back from the smith a month or so but Ive been too busy to put it together. Finally did. PITA to reassemble a fully stripped M92 BTW...The sights just clear the silencer.

vu68QG.jpg

while ago I found a company making picatanny rails that replaced the rear sight on lever guns. Made for an interesting "upgrade" to the old design with a red-dot sight but would go with the silencer.

That will be interesting.......the carbine will yield higher velocities than a handgun. You might need to handload to keep it sub sonic. Sounds like fun though.

45 Colts you pretty much have to handload. Ive probably got upwards of a couple of thousand loaded subsonic 45 Colt rounds. Not hard to keep a 45 Colt 255 grain slug subsonic. First gun I ever bought was a 45 Colt and I'm well invested in the platform.

Browning BLR takedown

Plenty of quite effective and accurate subsonic ammo in .308.

Can swap magazines quickly to use subsonic or supersonic ammo.

Thinking about sending the barrel off for an integral silencer installation.

Scout Scope mount goes where the rear sight is currently installed, or I can use a conventional scope mount on the receiver.

Here's my Holy Grail of suppressed lever actions.
Teddy Roosevelt's Winchester 30-30 with a Maxim suppressor. He used it around his estate for varmints so as to be kind to his neighbors.

Roosevelt_Winchester_1894_21.jpg

Here's my Holy Grail of suppressed lever actions.
Teddy Roosevelt's Winchester 30-30 with a Maxim suppressor. He used it around his estate for varmints so as to be kind to his neighbors.

The good thing is his heirs didnt cut it up when the NFA passed like happened to so many other Maxim SILENCERS.

maxim-silencer-ad.jpg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews