JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A little tip - Road flares work great for boiling water quickly. I was messing around camping and made some hardboiled eggs in a stainless pan with a flare in just a few minutes. You can get the small, like 10min flares pretty cheap. The smoke smells horrible, so stay up wind.

i scored two msr whisperlite international stoves at goodwill for 1.99 a piece they bur unleaded gas white gas and kerosene im still pretty stoked on that score pissed i passed on the goretex mil surp bivy cover for 12.99 though cut a bike lock with road flares once lost years off my eye sight but it eventually worked after five or six

I carry several in my vehicles for emergencies. Boaters signal flares can be used to bomb fires too, just be careful you do not over shoot the fire and that the pile of brush is thick enough to keep it traveling through the brush.

Several years ago I was visiting a friend and his family who live in a trailer where the winter can be brutal, their water pipes froze up that evening and he was afraid the pipes would burst, I pulled out a road flare crawled under the trailer removed the insulation and heated up the pipes, in about 10 minutes water started to flow, I told them to leave them dripping and should not freeze back. Be careful if you try this method around fitting it could melt the solder. I might also add the pipes were copper, this melt plastic pipes in no time.

i scored two msr whisperlite international stoves at goodwill for 1.99 a piece they bur unleaded gas white gas and kerosene im still pretty stoked on that score pissed i passed on the goretex mil surp bivy cover for 12.99 though cut a bike lock with road flares once lost years off my eye sight but it eventually worked after five or six

ROTFL! You can't make this stuff up.

WOW we used to compete in Mountain Man Rendevous and it was common for some one to start a fire with flint and steel and have a 1 quart kettle of water boiling in 6-7 minutes. I think my wife did it once in under 6min. All natural materials.

And your cooking with road flares ...................................I'll pass.

When I am cold and wet i just want a fire to warm up, the quicker the better.

If I need to boil water because of dehydration the quickest and easiest way to do it,is what i am going to do. Whatever it takes.

1.) Gather wood and make cool looking wood structure
2.) Toss burning road flare into cool looking wood structure
3.) Go set up tent and give your wife the sexy raised eyebrow look.
4.) Cook dinner in nice hot fire.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads