1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $850 in prizes this week -- enter now for your chance to win!
    Dismiss Notice

Quick question on legality of transporting loaded magazines.

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by C&H, Jun 9, 2010.

1. C&H

C&H SW Portland Member

I'm not sure if this is the best section of the forum for this question, please let me know if it belongs somewhere else.

my question:
    I do not have a concealed carry permit.
    The night before I head out shooting (outdoors), I'd like to load up a bunch of magazines at home, for my 10/22 and .22 pistol. I can jam damn near half a brick of .22lr in the mags I have, and I'd love to load everything at home with a latex glove on to save myself both the lead coated fingers and the hassle of loading with cold fingers on a brisk morning, especially if I only have a limited amount of time I can spend shooting.

As long as the guns in cases, are unloaded, and the the loaded magazines are in a different case, all out of reach in the trunk area - am I okay?

I think I'm being overly cautious, but I'd sure hate to get pulled over for a burned out taillight or something like that and find out the hard way that transporting loaded magazines is not legal for someone without a concealed carry license.

2. madderg

madderg Salem oregon Member

you are OK to carry loaded mags, if they are not in the weapon.