JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just bought my first AR-15 (an Olympic) and reading through the manual, it says it's a gas operated rifle. I have looked everywhere on the rifle and I can't find anywhere to put the gasoline. Where is the fill hole? How much should I put in? Is it two cycle or just straight gasoline? Also, should I use a certain octane level or does it matter?

you guys are jerks. quick messing with the new guy.

northernbornrebel, there is a space in the stock for a little natural gas canister.

im sure it addresses it in the owners manual. if you have any questions, shoot me a PM.

Northernborn, on the off chance that you are serious, the AR operates its action on the hot gases created by the powder burnign off as the bullets exits the barrel. This gas travels along a tube on top of your barrel and cycles the action. I really hope you are joking.

Northernborn, on the off chance that you are serious, the AR operates its action on the hot gases created by the powder burnign off as the bullets exits the barrel. This gas travels along a tube on top of your barrel and cycles the action. I really hope you are joking.

So if the gas goes down a tube on top of the barrel, does that mean the gas get's poured in somewhere near the front site? I'm not seeing a hole.....except for a tiny hole on each side with what appears to be a pin inside. do I take the pin out and squirt the gas in there? This might be more trouble than it's worth.

If it's an older AR then be sure to use leaded gas. For the newer "green" AR's use unleaded. Higher octane will increase your rate of fire as well. Don't use race gas unless you have an FFL class III license though. Law Enforcement frowns on unlicensed people firing on full auto.

I have no idea if this guy is real or not, but if he is honestly asking a question and follows some of this threads "stupid" advise and ends up hurting or killing himself, the writer of the post might be held liable for damages due to advising in said direction.

Now if you are serious, order a book, DVD, take a class or offer to go to the range with someone you trust or maybe even from this site. It is not difficult to understand that someone does not know how to operate a new weapon, it just so happen that he is asking a pretty funny question that I have NEVER heard before...

I just sold a Beretta 92FS to a person last night and spent over an hour with him, showing him how to operate the weapon, safe, fire and handle it... It was his first handgun and I did not want him to leave my home without me having a clear conscious that he could do so safetly... (I also worded the Bill of Sale to cover myself)

This one is running lean...

196589531_suJU3-L.jpg

This one is running waaaay rich...

197317353_ZpWAp-L.jpg

-Mark.

Ya, I was having a heck of a time that day.....the AR needed to go up like 4 jet sizes to run right, the HK still needs some work....didn't have a small enough #drill after I welded up the jet....and the timing was a bit off....

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top