JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So, I have an Extar EP-9 (haven't even shot it yet) with a Holosun RDS. Because of how high the rail is on the EP-9, I am not using the AR riser. Because a RDS can fail, I want to be able to remove it fast. I found that Scalarworks builds thumb screw equipped quick disconnect AR risers. That's what I'm looking for, the thumb screw. The Scalarworks thumb screw won't work for a Holosun. Any ideas where to find something like this?
scalarworks_strength_clamp2.jpg

FWIW, I found with my new Extar that many QD devices on dot scopes that stick out on the LEFT side will interfere with working the charging handle. Like my Aimpoint QD knobs, &Trij RX30 lever. Ended up using a spare TRS-25 because it mounts low and stays out of the way.

Another option is to mount it at the front, which may have problems from the compensator. I couldn't move mine far enough back to keep QD knobs/levers out of way of running the charging handle.

Last Edited:
my new Extar
Ordered mine 5 weeks ago tomorrow.
Another option is to mount it at the front
I have my RDS forward of the action, but it wasn't because I had thought of that. Also, the way the Holosun is made, I can rotate the mounting plate or the AR Riser 180°, so I can put the thumb screw on the opposite side.

The other thing I've seen is that Primary Arms makes a low mount that might work with my RDS and it has a thumb screw.

Many hardware stores have thread identifiers to help customers laying around the bins, you could start there if no other resource available. they usually are a plate with threaded holes or threaded post you try your nut or screw on.. Metric too.
Ace Hardware seems to have lots of stuff like that

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top