JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
On the other hand, on smooth surfaces, where they could easily be seen and swept aside, like the porches, I would prefer fitted plywood, nails up, and concrete nailed to the porch. I have cement porches BTW. I actually have the plywood cut!
I came up with that before I determined that, since fire exists, defending a wooden structure from inside is impossible, and must be defended from outside by ambush and maneuver! :cool:

These are simply a small tool in the larger tool box! Most times, the ones you would deploy these for are not "professional's" but more like Meth heads, Insurgents, and others who could be easily disrupted from an assault! These are area denial tools, anti vehicular ( to a point) Anti Personal, and anti Dog!!! Nothing complicated here, easy to make and low cost to impact ratio, why not?!?!?!?!

These are simply a small tool in the larger tool box! Most times, the ones you would deploy these for are not "professional's" but more like Meth heads, Insurgents, and others who could be easily disrupted from an assault! These are area denial tools, anti vehicular ( to a point) Anti Personal, and anti Dog!!! Nothing complicated here, easy to make and low cost to impact ratio, why not?!?!?!?!

Precisely!!! :cool:

I want to say that I've been a freak about Field Fortifications since my days in the Army, on the Korean DMZ. I was stationed on Guard Post Jane, tight up against the MDL (50 meters from North Korea). I learned a lot about defending hilltops with minimum material, from the infantry, where there was 15years of institutional memory of laying defenses on that particular position!

This is the CP of GP Jane, taken from the inner most trench, looking south. As an NCO (Artillery) I lived in the CP. That's 6.5" glass around the CP.

IMG_0516.JPG

Sorry about the krappy photo of an old photo! :)

I don't know about that.
When I was in the tire business, I was called out in my service truck to a stretch of I-84 where 60 or more cars were pulled over with flat tires because a roofer had spilled a bunch of roofing nails off of his truck.
Every tire service truck in East Portland/Gresham was out there fixing flats except for one of our customers who had special puncture poof tires. He showed up the next day with his front tires looking like he had run over a porcupine.
We pulled 18 or more nails out of just one front tire.

I want to say that I've been a freak about Field Fortifications since my days in the Army, on the Korean DMZ. I was stationed on Guard Post Jane, tight up against the MDL (50 meters from North Korea). I learned a lot about defending hilltops with minimum material, from the infantry, where there was 15years of institutional memory of laying defenses on that particular position!

This is the CP of GP Jane, taken from the inner most trench, looking south. As an NCO (Artillery) I lived in the CP. That's 6.5" glass around the CP.

View attachment 322193

Now I understand o_O

:D

Sure a box of nails spread out on the road will cause punctures, BUT, these will stop foot traffic, or funnel it to where you have defenses set up, or, to effect an escape by blocking movement in a certain direction! Think of these like a bunch of little guard dogs. One isn't much of a threat, you could just kick it and be on your way, but when you have 50 of them in front of you, you have few choices! Go around? Take the time to clear a route? Or take a risk and blow through and take the losses? No matter which way, it will cost you something!

Sure a box of nails spread out on the road will cause punctures, BUT, these will stop foot traffic, or funnel it to where you have defenses set up, or, to effect an escape by blocking movement in a certain direction! Think of these like a bunch of little guard dogs. One isn't much of a threat, you could just kick it and be on your way, but when you have 50 of them in front of you, you have few choices! Go around? Take the time to clear a route? Or take a risk and blow through and take the losses? No matter which way, it will cost you something!
Most would be asking themselves 'who would do such a thing?'
and slow down to ponder;)

View attachment 322193

Thanks for the photo. I spent some time on 4P1, and 4P3.

The nails on tube device looks very flimsy. They might disable a tire in a few weeks if propped under a tire strategically, but not going to be useful here and now. To top that one off, if you got close enough to do that, why not just slash the tires?

Also, very unlikely they would do much to a vehicle just driving on a road with these left on it, and even if it did, it won't deflate for a loooong time. I've driven for weeks with huge nails in my tires....

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top