JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I need your help. I am looking for some sort of wall mounted rifle safe thing. I cannot win the battle with my wife that my AR pistol can just chill next to our bed Incase someone breaks in because our kid is about to start walking and already loves guns (proud dad right here) I need a way to securely store it on the wall, that locks it and completely stores it, while maintaining quick access if someone breaks in. I saw the Hornady RFID safe and loved it because it covered the whole lower and locked with RFID technology, and a key pad and a key and was able to mount the the wall but they discontinued it. Any suggestions?

If cash is tight, why not get a Stack On cabinet? They're little more than $100 new, can be had used for less. Key open. Leave the key in the lock at night. Room to lock up more than one gun. Certainly don't want to leave a gun laying about where a little one can get hold of it, so your wife's concern is understandable.

If cash is tight, why not get a Stack On cabinet? They're little more than $100 new, can be had used for less. Key open. Leave the key in the lock at night. Room to lock up more than one gun. Certainly don't want to leave a gun laying about where a little one can get hold of it, so your wife's concern is understandable.

This isn't a bad idea but the only concern with kids and guns is keys can be found, I prefer keyless entries for families.

The ARmA15 rapid lock wall mount looks like a great affordable option with a directional movement lock.

This isn't a bad idea but the only concern with kids and guns is keys can be found, I prefer keyless entries for families.

The ARmA15 rapid lock wall mount looks like a great affordable option with a directional movement lock.

Yeah, I have a stack on cabinet. Apartment living doesn't lend itself to a 500lb safe bolted to anything. I keep the key to the cabinet on my key ring, wife keeps hers on her. The cabinet keeps little ones out but won't stop a fire or burglar.

Yeah, I have a stack on cabinet. Apartment living doesn't lend itself to a 500lb safe bolted to anything. I keep the key to the cabinet on my key ring, wife keeps hers on her. The cabinet keeps little ones out but won't stop a fire or burglar.

As long as your responsible with the keys the stack on is fine with kids. Apartments arent the best for 500lb safes.... My first safe when we had kids was a stackon in an apt. I still have it, its an ammo storage now....

Note, real safes do come in "stack on sizes" ideal for apts if not planning on buying a home for a while.

As long as your responsible with the keys the stack on is fine with kids. Apartments arent the best for 500lb safes.... My first safe when we had kids was a stackon in an apt. I still have it, its an ammo storage now....

Note, real safes do come in "stack on sizes" ideal for apts if not planning on buying a home for a while.

Yeah I have seen some small ones, but if a guy can carry it off on his own, its not a lot better than the cheesy cabinet we have. Plus we're still planning on moving across the country in a few months provided COVID hasn't destroyed the world by then. I'd rather buy a good safe when we get down there, than to lug a small one with us.

Keeping track of the keys is certainly a must with the keyed cabinets.

Yeah I have seen some small ones, but if a guy can carry it off on his own, its not a lot better than the cheesy cabinet we have. Plus we're still planning on moving across the country in a few months provided COVID hasn't destroyed the world by then. I'd rather buy a good safe when we get down there, than to lug a small one with us.

Keeping track of the keys is certainly a must with the keyed cabinets.

When I had an apt my stack on was bolted to wall studs.
I bought a smaller real safe since then..., its bolted to both floor joists and a wall stud.
Just sayin there are ways and options, agree you should wait till you move to get a good safe, its what I did too.

Personally, unless money is no object...

Have you considered a small handgun quick access safe and just put your Mags in there.

An AR won't be much good without the Ammo - then maybe the better half will be ok with your AR is out and accessible?

Personally, unless money is no object...

Have you considered a small handgun quick access safe and just put your Mags in there.

An AR won't be much good without the Ammo - then maybe the better half will be ok with your AR is out and accessible?
That's a good idea! I will look into that. I like to keep my rifle stored loaded with the safety on so that way I'm not always loading and unloading ammo every time we hear a bump (every time from our stupid cats) maybe I will just have to get used to loading and unloading my rifle. I like the RFID technology because I feel like that's the quickest option especially if I am dead asleep and wake up a little disoriented at first and put in the wrong combo. I like the way you think!

I wouldn't be fond of that just because padlocks are easily cut or broken.

That and they are on back order

Walmart sells a safe that is

fire rated
digital key pad
backup key
1 man can carry it
rated for 12 long guns
you can bolt it down

I can get into mine in 5 secs or less.

$297

I bought 1 for my ammo storage.

Locks and safes are only delaying devices.

V Line makes a quick access lock box for rifles. They also make a version that can be mounted between the studs like in a closet or something.

Also, at this price point I'm generally a fan of a mechanical simplex lock over anything electronic and particularly anything with a fingerprint scanner. There's a whole lot less that can fail with a simplex lock. YMMV.

201609061808500.Rifle-Case-Closed-640x640.jpg

Amsec also makes an under-bed safe as do a number of other MFGs.

DV652-B-1040x1000.jpg

That's a good idea! I will look into that. I like to keep my rifle stored loaded with the safety on so that way I'm not always loading and unloading ammo every time we hear a bump (every time from our stupid cats) maybe I will just have to get used to loading and unloading my rifle. I like the RFID technology because I feel like that's the quickest option especially if I am dead asleep and wake up a little disoriented at first and put in the wrong combo. I like the way you think!

You should consider keeping your AR "cruiser" or "rack" ready. (AKA "aircraft safe" if your flying into an LZ... LOL)

Empty chamber, hammer forward, safety off, loaded mag seated in the mag-well. Über safe, and ready to go with a quick/easy rack of the charging handle using only gross motor skills.

This is why birth control is so important! ;):D

You should consider keeping your AR "cruiser" or "rack" ready. (AKA "aircraft safe" if your flying into an LZ... LOL)

Empty chamber, hammer forward, safety off, loaded mag seated in the mag-well. Über safe, and ready to go with a quick/easy rack of the charging handle using only gross motor skills.

^^^^^^^ This is how my shotguns and rifles are stored ^^^^^^^ I don't like leaving guns useless for immediate use, so any gun that could be pressed into defensive service is kept ready in this manner, aside from my carry pistol, which is kept hot and holstered.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top