Advertise on Northwest Firearms
Buster Beaver Cerakote
Gun Deals
J&B Firearm Sales

Quick access rifle storage

Reactions
Another quick access gun storage option:
1586627508572.png
They come in full size and pistol size and can be opened by RFID or smart phone. If you are a woodworker would be a nice project.

OP
P
Reactions
You should consider keeping your AR “cruiser” or “rack” ready. (AKA “aircraft safe” if your flying into an LZ... LOL)

Empty chamber, hammer forward, safety off, loaded mag seated in the mag-well. Über safe, and ready to go with a quick/easy rack of the charging handle using only gross motor skills.

This is why birth control is so important! ;):D
I have thought about that, however my wife says that she doesn’t like me racking the charging handle because it’s too loud. I tell if you think that’s too loud, wait until someone breaks in. I’m saving for a suppressor to help with that lol. But I also try not to put the same round in the gun after it has been ejected a handful of times. And with as often as my wife has me check the house because she heard something, I would go through a lot of ammo.

Tony617

Reactions
I have thought about that, however my wife says that she doesn’t like me racking the charging handle because it’s too loud. I tell if you think that’s too loud, wait until someone breaks in. I’m saving for a suppressor to help with that lol. But I also try not to put the same round in the gun after it has been ejected a handful of times. And with as often as my wife has me check the house because she heard something, I would go through a lot of ammo.
I keep my AR cruiser ready and have the chamber empty. I have some Speer JSP in my magazine and have chambered a round when the entry door to the garage popped open during a wind storm. I have few magazines loaded with JSP.

I suppose if you are good shot that you can load a .223 or 5.56mm FMJ round first, hit the BG and then use your HD rounds after that. I never load the same round either and just throw in my range bag and shoot them up in my next trip to the range.

We do have an alarm and it goes off instantly when a perimeter sensor is triggered when the alarm is set in home mode.

Reactions
I picked up one of these for the bedroom. I called stackon and they sent me a fingerpint lock when I registered it. I like the 3 second access. That includes twisting the handle and picking it up.

Catherine1

Reactions
Stack-On Gun Cabinet for rifles with a key lock.

Each cabinet comes with 2 keys. I do not know if they come with more than 2 keys now since ours are a bit older.

We PREFER keys and how we have our home set up with the cabinets. Our ideas may not always agree with other people. NO problem.

We don't own thousands of dollars worth of firearms now. My MT husband used to own far more firearms. I owned about 15 or so in the past, back east. I added some here in MT.

I mainly shoot one as in 1 rifle when I do go to the range.

We are very happy with our Stack-On Cabinets with key locks.

We chose to NOT have a large, heavy safe and since we have far LESS firearms now... it works for us!

(We took the top shelves out of our cabinets too.)

I had one cabinet for the brand new built apartment that I lived in before I built this house when I came down from the Sapphire Mountains. We really did not need a second cabinet but we got one anyway after I built this house.

Will your rifle fit into one of those lockable key tool boxes (They have them for pick up trucks.) that you can keep on your side of the bed?

I figure if a person or a gang of them want to break into a LOCKED home and if they really want to steal from you - they will do it. It may take them longer to steal from you with layers of protection but they will do it especially if you are not home to save yourself, your loved ones and your stuff INSIDE of the home. If you have a good guard dog - that would work but not all people have well trained German Shepherd dogs and what if the bad guy shot your dog or dogs?!

Plus some thieves out here have broken into remote properties, not just in town homes, and they destroyed the OUTSIDE security lights, security cameras, alarm deals, some of those security items got stolen not just shot up/destroyed, they hooked up a safe and YANKED IT OUT of a home, and to top it off - they vandalized the house just to be a YOU KNOW WHAT even after they stole all kinds of stuff not just some big, heavy safe. This happened to several people out here and it is not just one criminal act.

Old Lady Cate
Typos and added more!

Last edited:

UPCOMING EVENTS

Cerberus Training Group - Run the Gun Pistol
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA
Oakanogan Gun Show
Oakanogan County Fairgrounds
175 Rodeo Trail, Okanogan, WA 98840, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Run the Gun Rifle
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Flayed Customs
    5.00 star(s)
    Sean at Flayed customs did an amazing stipple, double undercut, and ceracote of my Glock. The work is on par if not better than a lot of the...
  • Coat of Arms - Firearms & Cerakoting
    5.00 star(s)
    Stopped in looking for a Magpul trigger guard and pin. Took care of me and even managed to get me to walk out with 3 other items!:s0140: Highly...
    • HA556
    5.00 star(s)
    I visited the store earlier this year and purchased a scope. They have very competitive pricing and a large inventory . No question I would buy...
    3.00 star(s)
    I hate to give a negative -ish review to CoA, so let me lead with positives. They are close to me, they often have a good selection, and I’ve had...
  • Adaptive Firing Solutions
    5.00 star(s)
    Steve is awesome. He's helped me with two Form 4 transfers so far. I live 45 minutes away and happily make the drive to support such a great vendor!
Top Bottom