JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello everyone!

I'm new to the North West Firearms website, but have heard a lot of good stuff from multiple people. With this being said, I've been on multiple message boards and know how to act accordingly, but i'm still the new kid on the block.

I've done some research behind my shotgun to find out the basics, as well as general value. However, I wanted to get some insight from the NW Firearms community as far as how to go about selling or further evaluation of the shotgun.

The specifics:
Side by side with shell ejectors
Serial Number is 116711 - Made in 1903
Barrel length - 30"
Markings:
- Frame size - 2
- Barrel weight - 3lbs
- Grade - V
- Vulcan Steel Barrel

Based on the frame size it's a 12ga

I can get pictures if need be. The Shotgun itself is in somewhat rough condition, and the butt rest has been replaced.

If there's any information that i'm missing / need let me know. I'm looking to sell this gun or trade it for multiple firearms, however I do not have the know-how to go about selling it. The few shops I have called have either not been interested because it's a Parker Bros or have directed me towards this forum. Any input regarding this firearm would be much appreciated, thank you in advance!

-NW

Just to clarify. Does the shotgun have ejectors or extractors? If, after firing, the shells are launched out of the barrels and land behind you then you have ejectors. If the shells remain in the barrels and are just raised out of the chambers when you open the action then you have extractors. If it has ejectors the it is a VHE (V-grade, H-hammerless, E-ejector model). If it just has extractors the it is a VH. Shame you do not have the "dogs head" butt plate. Also on the Parker Collectors site there are some great diagrams and pictures that show the engraving as it should look.

Just to clarify. Does the shotgun have ejectors or extractors? If, after firing, the shells are launched out of the barrels and land behind you then you have ejectors. If the shells remain in the barrels and are just raised out of the chambers when you open the action then you have extractors. If it has ejectors the it is a VHE (V-grade, H-hammerless, E-ejector model). If it just has extractors the it is a VH. Shame you do not have the "dogs head" butt plate. Also on the Parker Collectors site there are some great diagrams and pictures that show the engraving as it should look.

Thanks for the advice! I got the same kind of statement from the Parker Guns forum as well, which allowed me to narrow it down. It is a hammerless therefore making it a VH however I do not believe the mechanism used for the shells is an ejector, it's been a while since I fired it however I believe they are simply extractors. So i can narrow this down and say it's a VH.

Thanks very much, was simpler then I thought.
-NW

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top