JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've recently made 2 face to face sales of firearms that I inherited from my Gramps more than 30 years ago. Sales were great, everyone presented ID as to who they were - all went well, all were in state residents (Oregon).

Now, I have a few more rifles & shotguns that I'll be selling and here are my questions:
  • I reside in Oregon, is it legal for me to sell a rifle or shotgun to someone (18+) who comes from out of state to make a face to face purchase?
  • Can a person out of state (let's say Washington) drive to my house in Oregon to sell me his shotgun he has for sale?
I don't want to break any rules, thus the questions ..... and there will probably be more as I think of them.
Thanks for your expertise! :s0090:

Not only will you be breaking a few rules but federal law, LE doesn't have a sense of humor about those sorts of things. Interstate transfer of any firearm requires the services of an FFL. Search on interstate transfer of firearms on this site and you'll find all sorts of references to the federal laws involved.

Thanks for the replies.

That's too bad about the firearms sales and out of states residents. I remember when my dad bought my brother and I a Remington Rolling Block .22 from an ad in American Rifleman magazine. I think the .22 advertised for $9.95, postage paid. I believe that was right before Kennedy was shot. Anyway, I still have that .22.
Again, Thanks for the replies. :s0090:

You can legally ship a firearm to an FFL in another state, and then the out of state buyer picks it up after going through a background check with the FFL.

< Why they don't have school shootings in Israel.
Notice the long gun slung over the teachers shoulder?

When I got my first .22 we drove from Vancouver to Portland, picked it out, paid for it and drove back to Vancouver. But that was 55 years ago too. I still have that .22 too.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
"Defender of Freedom" award
NRA Golden Eagle member

"Having a gun is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have it you may never need it again"

< Why they don't have school shootings in Israel.
Notice the long gun slung over the teachers shoulder?

When I got my first .22 we drove from Vancouver to Portland, picked it out, paid for it and drove back to Vancouver. But that was 55 years ago too. I still have that .22 too.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
"Defender of Freedom" award
NRA Golden Eagle member

"Having a gun is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have it you may never need it again"

Yeah you used to be able to walk into the local hardware store pick a rifle out of a barrel or on the wall, pay your 7 to 25 dollars and walk out. Then the commie btards figured out they could not defeat an armed nation and the 2nd has been under attack ever since.

I view, in no uncertain terms, those that attack our 2nd Amendment, enemies of the state literally !

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads