JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I see there is an outfit called Velocity Arms that makes semi-automatic clones of the Mac type handguns in 9×19㎜ Parabellum and .45 ACP. I've been in communication with the manufacturer, though I am still waiting on details on some points.

Questions:
  • Anyone have one of these and/or experience with them? How do they run? Better or worse than Masterpiece Arms Macs?
  • I see the barrel is threaded ¾ x 10. Is there a simple way to adapt these to ½x28 or M13.5x1 LH? My 9㎜ silencer (AAC Ti-Rant 9) can be utilized with either, though I don't believe ¾ x 10.
Anyway, I am just curious, as one may make the basis for an NFA project (SBR), assuming they aren't junk and can be run suppressed, or just quiet plinking handgun form. I also have a family member very interested in Macs and, if they are decent, I can sell them as well.

Thanks for any details.

I had a nice late 1980's Cobra or Cobray Mack-10. It was not much of a gun. But looked cool.
Laminated hammers broke. Had to bend sights to adjust them. And no longer made to fire on an open bolt. Witch was the best reason to get one. ;)

If you want that type of looking gun. Might I suggest an UZI pistol?
It's more of a real gun. With real sights.

Last Edited:
Yeah I would stay away from the Mac lineup. Unless you want to buy a real one that shoots open bolt. They are about the cheapest way to get into the MG world at around $8000 or so.

Thanks for the notes. I've never been a fan of pretty much anything Cobray put out. These (Velocity Arms) get good reviews online, but that is no guarantee. Neat-o idea on the Mini-Uzis. It has been a while since I've seen one.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top