JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It is most likely this was a rifle as non saddle ring carbines in 1909 would have been rare. So the theory it is a rifle that has been cut down is a good one. The non original barrel (Original would have been maked 30WCF), the damage to the forestock as well as the non original finish on it (they were never shinny), the refinished butt stock (as shown by the metal standing very proud around the top tang area) as well as it kind of looks like a reblue and the non original sights take away almost all collectable value and makes the gun a cobbled up shooter. So about $400. If it was a 1909 rifle fore end with the ladder style rear sight and the original front sight in 80% condition then you would be looking at a $1100-1300.00 gun.

I recently bought a 1925 Saddle Ring Carbine all original but had been very professionally reblued back in the 60's The barrel is a beautiful dark Plum color as the Hi Nickel content barrels appear with age. The wood is untouched. The rear sight on my rifle is worth $150.00 alone. I paid $450.00 for the carbine. I got a very good deal on Gun Broker it would have gone for about $550.00 Had this carbine not bee reblued it would have fetched $1100-1200.00.

A rifle would be more in the same condition as they are rarer.

IMHO

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads