JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey guys, I just had a few basic questions i know i can get a solid answer on. Im currently living in Portland (moved down from Vancouver WA) and have yet to change my ID to oregon. Im hoping to this saturday since were not going to be working, and wanted to know how long do i need to be an oregon resident before i can buy a firearm from and Oregon resident in a FTF?? Im currently only 20 years old, but am hoping to buy a handgun soon and get my CC when i turn 21.

Also another question, i read there is a form you have to fill out and turn in when purchasing a handgun IIRC in a ftf, but for some reason cant find this form again online making me think it wasnt true. Can someone please clarify on exactly what ill be needing to do? I dont want to take any chances and cut legal corners or anything and get into trouble, its what gives real gun enthusiasts a bad rap also...

Thanks again guys and any info would be appreciated!

There is a background check form that you can fill out and call in voluntarily. I think there used to be a voluntary transfer form also but don't know where you could get it if so. I know there is one for Washington but don't remember for Oregon.

When you take up residence you can buy private firearms from another resident of the state.

You can buy a handgun from a private party as long as it isn't at a gun show. It is up to any seller to sell to you though and some may not want to sell to someone under 21.

Yeah the transfer form is what i think i had found. Ill look again online and see what i find, is it worth it or is it best to just have a proper bill of sale signed and written between both partys to make the transfer right for both buyer and seller?

Even though you're most likely already an Oregon resident for the purposes of an FTF transaction, most law-abiding buyers won't sell to you until you have an ODL.

Even though you're most likely already an Oregon resident for the purposes of an FTF transaction, most law-abiding buyers won't sell to you until you have an ODL.

Yeah like i said, im going to go this saturday and try and transfer my DL, that way if i do a FTF transaction both names and info can be given from true ODL on bill of sale. That to me would make it a proper transfer.

??? sorry guys working 10 hours days plus another 8 on saturday, i havent been able to get my ODL. Im just too busy right now to even think about going to the DMV..

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top