JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I got a 'new generation' 715 pistol pack that I haven't had time to shoot thanks to Covid (and now its also impossible to get 357 ammo...) that I got it in a trade. Big reason I did it was the solid reputation of great accuracy and I really like the idea of modularity with different barrel lengths. The trigger feels really good (but not as good as my S&W 460 which is 'trigger perfection' in my opinion!) compared to some Rugers I've had and even my other S&W (386 NG) but it's a much faster mechanism on DW vs. S&W so it makes for a different feel and naturally 'heavier' because of that.

I bought a model 15-2VH6 back in 1986, a Monson built gun. Have put a lot of miles on it and it's the most accurate revolver I've ever shot. Some of the Monson guns had issues with "soft" cylinders, mine was no exception - had to send it back to have the cylinder replaced and I still think it's not really quite what it should have been. Had a local 'smith put a spring kit in it and massage the trigger - it's quite smooth and accurate double action shooting isn't a problem. Along the way, I replaced the original factory rear sight with a MIllett fully adjustable rear (don't think these are available now) and replaced the original wood grip with a Pachmayr grip so it's easier to handle. I later bought a 4" barrel for it from CZ after they acquired DW and they've since re-introduced these revolvers so you can buy a new one today. I shoot IDPA once in a while with it and lots of fun, but dealing with speedloaders is always an interesting exercise, especially if you're a lefty, like me.

I bought a model 15-2VH6 back in 1986, a Monson built gun. Have put a lot of miles on it and it's the most accurate revolver I've ever shot. Some of the Monson guns had issues with "soft" cylinders, mine was no exception - had to send it back to have the cylinder replaced and I still think it's not really quite what it should have been. Had a local 'smith put a spring kit in it and massage the trigger - it's quite smooth and accurate double action shooting isn't a problem. Along the way, I replaced the original factory rear sight with a MIllett fully adjustable rear (don't think these are available now) and replaced the original wood grip with a Pachmayr grip so it's easier to handle. I later bought a 4" barrel for it from CZ after they acquired DW and they've since re-introduced these revolvers so you can buy a new one today. I shoot IDPA once in a while with it and lots of fun, but dealing with speedloaders is always an interesting exercise, especially if you're a lefty, like me.
Being a lefty in a right handed world, but shooting right - I came up with the left-handed reload that was pretty quick. In short, I kept the gun in my right hand, opened the cylinder and ejected with the left hand, then pulled the speedloader out of the pouch with the left hand and re-charged the cylinder. I liked it far better than the change hands and hold the gun upside down routine. But, shooting right while being left-handed was a huge advantage. On one occasion, I was able to put twelve on the silhouette before my sarge who was shooting a Beretta.

Another D.W. Shooter here, a Mod 15 stainless full length underlug .44 mag, a damn fine and accurate shooter, the trigger wasn't all that bad on mine, but a little slickin and it's near perfect! Other then my Anaconda, the D.W. gets lots of holster time!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top