JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
When we obtained this really nice firearm, it had 3 magazines with it. My husband loaned it out two different times, during which, the magazines never returned :( I went to go order some replacements and became confused. 7 round or 8 round? He's out of town and didn't know. So I went to check the magazine, removed all 5 bullets, refilled the magazine and only 6 went in. :huh: Do you think there is some kind of plug in it? I don't know why there would be for a GI weapon. I didn't ever see any 6 round options to purchase. Your thoughts please.

Worse case scenario I will purchase the 8 rd and if it doesn't work, return it for the 7 and try that.

Hi Angie,
I know that the 1911 magazine hold 7 rounds Maybe just a stong spring.
Hope this helps,
Tony Portland, Oregon Area

What these guys said. A very stiff mag spring will fell like it's full. I know I have some mags that I can't load to full capacity without spraining my finger or using a mag lula. For new ones, look to springfield armory. They offer them stock GI. If this is a gun you shoot much, I would recommend the Wilson Combat 8-rounders.

There is a wide range of quality with magazines for the 1911. Cheap gunshow mags are not recommended. McCormick, Wilson, Colt, Kimber, Springfield and probably Remington sells replacement mags that have good reputations.

You dont shoot a 1944-45 remington -rand .45 ! You trade me for my new Sig 220. Besides I have several general shaver 1945 magazines for it.
OK If you do shoot it get a good Willson 8-round stainless magazine. Good luck.

Thank you, guys. I ordered three of the Wilson Combat magazines last night. As for the strong spring in the original, I'm sure that's the case, but it was strange that the 6 rounds went in so easy, but that last one was not going to happen. I haven't pulled it out to ask my husband if he can do it yet, but I'm guessing it will be a piece of cake for him.

If it was an original GI magazine that didn't get returned...there's a good reason...they are hard to come by these days.

Both Metalform and Checkmate make magazines for Colt, and still make the exact GI magazine issued with the since its inception.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top