1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $850 in prizes this month -- enter now for your chance to win!
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by 2zuks, May 26, 2010.

1. 2zuks

2zuks Dallas, Oregon Member

I was wondering about the legalities of carrying rifles and more to the point, carbines like the kel-tec sub 2000 in a car or truck.

When I am hunting and that kind of thing, I generally just toss my rifle in my rifle rack. I carry my handgun for my self-defence weapon, but since I bought my sub2k it has opened up other possibilities.

I was wondering about having it in my truck when I am running around. Can a person toss it under the seat and conceal it? I have my concealed carry permit, but am not sure about something like that. Anyone know the answer? Thanks.
  2. FritZ PDX

FritZ PDX Portland, OR New Member

My initial thought is it would be illegal in Oregon because it’s not a "Handgun" but rather a "Sub-Rifle". In Oregon a CHL only permits you to conceal a Handgun. But I may be wrong...
  3. pokerace

pokerace Newberg Well-Known Member

with out ccw in your car you may not have a readily accessible concealedhand gun but you may a concealed loaded long gun.
    page 24 Kevin Starrett book understanding oregon's gun laws.