JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hmm. Dryer sheet is either natural or synthetic cloth, barrel is steel. I'm thinking the barrel is tougher. Now if there are some oddball chemicals still in the sheet, it might not be a good thing, but if you're determined to use them, you could save a bunch up and soak/wash them.

I generally wait until my underwear gets worn out, then one final wash before I start using them for patches/rags.

Dryer sheets, I use to catch the dust from the tumbler. My brass smells spring fresh.

elsie

Synthetic or not, anything can wear away at steel.
I wouldn't suggest using them personally, but that is because I think they have zero absorption properties. Patches should absorb and imprint with fouling, not bullmoose things out of the way.
$0.02

Not knowing exactly what the dryer sheet is coated in, I would be concerned that it might encourage the metal to rust. Loosely woven polyester is not going to be very effective at cleaning out the barrel though.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top