Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Question Regarding an Auto SBR

Discussion in 'NFA Weapon Discussion' started by Mr2000, Jun 19, 2011.

1. Mr2000

Mr2000 Grants Pass, OR Member

My intent is to purchase a Automatic SBR.

Would it require two separate form 4's? One for each the Automatic, and the SBR? Or would they be included on the same Form 4?

Also I'm new to NFA items, If a seasoned NFA veteran could PM me with some advice and maybe pointers to circumvent snags and what not in the process of purchasing these items it would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

2. PhysicsGuy

PhysicsGuy Corvallis, OR Resident Science Nut

One form 4 for it being a machine gun. SBR regulations do not apply to machine guns (neither do AOW definitions).

3. Nwcid

Nwcid Yakima and N of Spokane Well-Known Member

There is a whole NFA section on these boards that can answer most of those questions.

4. Mr2000

Did a search, couldn't come up with anything :p

Thanks PhysicsGuy

5. Benny503

Benny503 Grants Pass Well-Known Member

Mr, from what I know is that our sherrif is very eeasy to approve silencer and sbr but not FA. Also good luck with finding a FFL that transfer NFA items, i've been searching around gp area for a good nfa dealer but have not find any luck yet!

6. Mr2000

@ Benny - I did a bit of research and found this dealer: Home from CP.

I think there are a few others in the area :) I hope that helps you out!

Also thank you for the info! I really only wanted FA for those days when I just feel like laying waste to row of cans. So I'd be okay with an SBR and a can.

7. Abiqua

Abiqua Oregon Active Member

Go with a trust and you don't have to deal with CLEO sign off, or fingerprints and photos.

8. korntera

korntera Oregon Member

Love the FA because no SBR needed. Full auto supersedes all. What do you plan on purchasing? You might want to check subguns.com and stermgewehr.com

9. WhitneyPrecision

WhitneyPrecision Lane County Member

Sturmgewehr.com

I'm in Eugene if you need a reliable C3 transfer agent.

10. ch139

ch139 teh gehtoe Active Member

I like full-auto too... just that they're a tad more expensive than SBRs.

11. nforest

nforest Eugene, OR & Costa Rica Active Member

PM me and I'll send you info for the Lawyer that did my trust, Highly recommended to go the Trust Route.

12. Tornado-Technologies

Tornado-Technologies Hillsboro Active Member

As mentioned by someone else, machinegun status trumps short barrel rifle status and a machinegun with a short barrel would only be a one stamp transfer gun.
    That been said, it's quite common to find HK machinegun registered as both an SBR and a machinegun. This is due to the fact that a lot of them were converted to full auto using a registered sear.The sear itself is actually the registered machinegun. Since the barrels on most of the HK guns are not easily removable, the short barrel host weapons are registered as an SBR so the trigger pack can be removed and used on other guns.