JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a current cc from wa. Does anyone know if the permit is still current or does it expire when you move out of state. I'm in Oklahoma which recognizes the wa permit. The question I was asked at the sheriff office was "does wa cancel your permit when you are no longer a resident" I want to carry and I can if my permit is still valid in wa.
Thanks
I have contacted the AG in oly with no return call.
What are the only reasons your permit can be considered null and void? Statute?
Thanks one more time

I know you can be an Oregon Resident and hold a WA CPL. I would assume that as long as OK reciprocates you should be fine as long as it isn't expired.

Your CPL(Concealed Pistol License) will have an expiration date on it. It's good until that date and can be renewed up to 90 before the renewal date and will be valid for an additional 5 years.

I have 2 years left on the permit. Would really really like a statue on the only way you can lose your "privileges "
Rick
The only way I know of loosing your CPL is to be convicted of a Felony. When you loose your Rights to own, you also loose your Right to Carry. It's under RCW 9.41.???.

OK has reciprocity with WA so why can't you use the WA CHL until you've established residency in OK and get an OK permit the same way you do with your DL? This is the way Idaho handles OR CHL's. How would WA even know you've left the state? I wouldn't imagine that you would be required to notify the sheriffs office if you move so that they can cancel your permit.

Like I've said the question is... does one lose his ccl if one moves from Wa. I'velooked at the statue provided above and it does not give a concrete answer to my question. I want to be absolutely sure before I carry here. Still no reply from the AG in oly.

No, you don't automatically lose your permit when you leave. Just like you don't lose your drivers license.

I can live here in Oregon, while having a WA CPL without ever residing in WA.

Again, THIS.

Look, several of us have given you answers. You do NOT have to be a resident of WA to carry a valid legal CPL from there. Period.

There are MANY members here who carry a Utah concealed license, having never even stepped a foot on Utah soil. Reason is 34 states in the Union reciprocate.

Again this.. does a Wa. Legal permit holder lose his privilege of a ccl when setting up residence in another state when moving from Wa. To make it crystal clear...does one lose the right of ccl in Wa or any other state if one moves, assuming all Wa. State conditions are valid

Again....since you DON'T have to be a resident of WA to have a WA permit, why in the hell would you lose it if you moved out of WA?? WA Residency to have it isn't required in the first place!!

Sorry, but geez this keeps going in circles. If you aren't required to be a resident of WA to carry a WA permit it just don't make sense that you would think you lose it if you moved away.

@No_Regerts

You MIGHT need to just update your address with the issuing county. I had a WA CPL, moved to Idaho and knew Idaho reciprocated. My neighbor was an Ada County Sheriff. He and I got to know each other and the topic came up. He said Idaho recognizes your WA license so good to go!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top