JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
so I was first in line at this nearby estate sale and picked up a which I later after research found a 1928 Remington model 10. good condition, not missing any parts, trigger is a little gummed up but all seems to cycle and be there. second, a 1917 BSA SHT L.E with tons of very strange stampings on it, has the original rear but stock, missing the coin emblem on right side but has the original brass butt plate. Has original front sights, and the middle swivel site adjustment and most of the trigger parts and the safety is there and works. missing stock and bolt. the barrel looks to have been removed and only put half way back on. I was thinking of paying the money for the model 10 to be gone through at Rich's and with if any parts, a complete was and tear down would be $100. cost me $30. the BSA, I paid $5 bucks for and not sure what to do with it. Any hints or how hard it is to find old parts for it. Thanks, any help would be great.

It is not difficult to find parts for the BSA No.1 Mk III. Price of the parts may be interesting, though.

image.jpg

glad you asked so politely for the pics. the model 10 is actually mint, they said they found it in the attack, i have it completely apart, if anything is worn replace, and then clean and oil and assemble. the BSA well, i don't care what its worth. i spent 5 dollars, and i notice the barrel serial doesn't match with the receiver, so im sure someone put a stuck bullet in barrel on it. so looking at front stock, barrel and that's it. its a cool gun, i don't want to spend more than its worth, but it has the main and some of the parts that people need. i have read whore stories on people buying different barrels and never getting them to index, and also needing to head space correctly. is it worth a project or does any one need the quality, main parts. if you need more info to help please ask, and if you need more pics, please spend time with your family then finding a dumb avatar to put me down

When I see guns that are partially put back together, missing some parts and serial numbers not matching, it usually means that the gun in question was used as a donor gun and was robbed of it's good parts.
Numrich Gun Parts is a good source for vintage parts and they do buy guns if you decide to not mess with it.

glad you asked so politely for the pics. the model 10 is actually mint, they said they found it in the attack, i have it completely apart, if anything is worn replace, and then clean and oil and assemble. the BSA well, i don't care what its worth. i spent 5 dollars, and i notice the barrel serial doesn't match with the receiver, so im sure someone put a stuck bullet in barrel on it. so looking at front stock, barrel and that's it. its a cool gun, i don't want to spend more than its worth, but it has the main and some of the parts that people need. i have read whore stories on people buying different barrels and never getting them to index, and also needing to head space correctly. is it worth a project or does any one need the quality, main parts. if you need more info to help please ask, and if you need more pics, please spend time with your family then finding a dumb avatar to put me down

In Ben's defense, the image that he attached is a custom smiley from this very site. It's used to jokingly ask for pictures. I've never seen it used as an insult.

And I want to commend you on your bravery in fully disassembling that Model 10. It's a bit of work to reassemble, but so worth it. I was going to offer to buy the stock, but it looks like you've got a keeper there. More than makes up for the $5 you dropped on the BSA. I have driven stuck bullets out of barrels with a dowel and mallet but not after they've been sitting for a few decades.

Kano Labs "Kroil" is your best friend when working on these old relics.
Plus, a good set of hollow ground screw driver bits is a must if you don't want to bugger up all of the screw heads.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top