JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So, I'm asking to see if anyone has expereince with Tanfoglio's Combat Cohai in 9mm. Any info on Tanfoglio experinces will be appreciated. I know they are an Italian CZ clone (like CZs) that is the base of some of IWI's pistols , but I have no experience with their guns at all.

they go boom when you pull the trigger, grips are usually over sized, quality feel is 7/10 IMO based on the 10 or so that I have handled and or shot (all in 9mm) .

I did a set of grips in cocobolo for a buddies compact, it was a nightmare but the grip profile improvement made it a carry option instead of a truck gun.

I've got a Witness polymer frame in 9 mm. I selected it because it met all the criteria I had defined for my selection, the price was very good, and I liked the look of it. It's very accurate, and has been perfect for reliability. I've had it a little over a year and put something in the neighborhood of 500 rnds through it.
I agree with the comment about the grips, though. I have a compact slide and a standard slide, both in 9 mm. I had figured to use it as a carry gun, but I prefer a subcompact. It's a little thick for me as a carry gun, but it fits my hand great and is comfortable to shoot. For comparison, I also don't care for my son's G19 as a carry gun for the same reason. I find them to be very similar in frame size.
I have no experience with the Cohai.

Agreed. I own a steel-framed Witness (Tanfoglio Combat) in 9mm, and all the comments above are accurate. The grip is very "deep" and may be hard to hold for some. The CZ 75 grip profile is slightly shallower. The fit and finish is OK, nothing to write home about. My particular model had the front left rail on the slide completely unblued for about a centimeter, for example. Minor issue. I bought the set with the .22lr slide, and I have to say it's fantastic. Minor "working in" period, and a stronger slide stop spring (came with the pistol), and it cycles perfectly. Things to keep in mind, if you go Tanfoglio: many CZ 75 parts will not work with it. Resale value is pretty stagnant. Lastly, the Witness I bought has a machined front sight. If you want to put different sights on the front, you need to have a gunsmith install it (might as well have them mill a dovetail).

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top