JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That is the only leverage anyone would have against a USSC justice. I firmly believe that Epstein's operation was a Clinton operation to get dirt on numerous people in high offices world-wide. If he were not working for or with the Clintons he would not have survived as long as he did.

Too bad he killed himself.

SCOTUS delaying 2A cases is only going to make things worse as more and more cases make it to their court. One or two rulings would possibly have eliminated future cases.

Too bad he killed himself.

SCOTUS delaying 2A cases is only going to make things worse as more and more cases make it to their court. One or two rulings would possibly have eliminated future cases.
You're correct in that the cases are just going to keep coming if SCOTUS fails to act. The antis in New York probably made a tactical mistake by mooting NYSRPA. They could have had another very limited ruling that lower courts would misapply for more years. Now the Court has the opportunity to rule on much broader cases.

One or two rulings by SCOTUS will not eliminate future cases anymore than Brown v. Board eliminated future discrimination cases. A good ruling on carry or 'arms in common use' will be the end of the beginning, not the beginning of the end. Under the best possible scenarios, this will still go on for decades.

Truly sad - The USSC turns it's back on gun rights with a heavy majority

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Supreme Court on Monday passed up several challenges to federal and state gun control laws, over the dissent of two conservative justices.​
Gun rights advocates had hoped the court would expand the constitutional right to "keep and bear arms" beyond the home.​
Instead, the justices left in place restrictions on the right to carry weapons in public in Maryland, Massachusetts and New Jersey. They also declined to review Massachusetts' ban on some semi-automatic firearms and large-capacity ammunition magazines, a California handgun control law and a half-century-old federal law banning interstate handgun sales.​
Justice Clarence Thomas, joined by Justice Brett Kavanaugh, wrote a dissent in the court's denial of a New Jersey resident's appeal seeking the right to carry a gun in public for self-defense. Rather than take on the constitutional issue, Thomas wrote, "the Court simply looks the other way."​

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Supreme Court on Monday passed up several challenges to federal and state gun control laws, over the dissent of two conservative justices.​
Gun rights advocates had hoped the court would expand the constitutional right to "keep and bear arms" beyond the home.​
Instead, the justices left in place restrictions on the right to carry weapons in public in Maryland, Massachusetts and New Jersey. They also declined to review Massachusetts' ban on some semi-automatic firearms and large-capacity ammunition magazines, a California handgun control law and a half-century-old federal law banning interstate handgun sales.​
Justice Clarence Thomas, joined by Justice Brett Kavanaugh, wrote a dissent in the court's denial of a New Jersey resident's appeal seeking the right to carry a gun in public for self-defense. Rather than take on the constitutional issue, Thomas wrote, "the Court simply looks the other way."​
Yoda says, "Traitors they are"

I guess the 9th circuit will take this as instruction to rule in Hawaii's favor for the Young vs Hawaii case.

The only reason I case see for the Court's reluctance to take another Second Amendment case is that they now fear – or know – that Chief Justice Roberts has gone wobbly.
The pro-2A minority has made the calculation that it's better to deny cert to these cases than to risk a decision that could adversely affect gun rights.

This situation will only embolden courts like the Ninth Circuit to continue to ignore the Heller decision.

In the WWII era, the M1 Garand was the best infantry rifle a person could ask for in nearly every respect.

You can top of the M1 Garand. Let's put that incorrect information to bed, shall we?

It's pretty difficult to improve upon the Garand, but the M1A is fantastic.

In 2005, Roberts was nominated to be an associate justice of the Supreme Court, initially to succeed the retiring Sandra Day O'Connor. When Rehnquist died before Roberts's confirmation hearings began, Bush instead nominated Roberts to fill the Chief Justice position. Bush would later appoint Samuel Alito to the Associate Justice position that was originally for Roberts. I personally never felt very comfortable with the Bush's stand on firearm rights. Better to elect them than the alternative at the time - but felt like I needed to keep one eye on them both while in office.

Now, ever since Don Trump began running for office, he has bashed Jeb Bush unrelentingly. He was quite dismissive of GW and most everything the Bush family did while in office. I wonder if Bush and Roberts friendship is still strong enough that the family is able to wield some sway with Roberts on issues. If they are friends, then it's no wonder the court under Roberts lead might steer his court in a direction away from helping gun owners. Speak ill of the man who was instrumental in getting me a job, and I'd probably come to his aid also. Again, I was never very comfortable with the Bush's.

I've wondered why 2A supporters aren't more firm in their dealing with these issues. Perhaps unlike our forefathers, todays average American just doesn't hold gun ownership in the same light. After all, no one has to sustenance hunt, nor provide for their own protection since we all have become accustomed to dialing 911. It's just target shooting and hunting - neither of which is mentioned in the Bill of Rights, and consequently cannot be used to argue in favor of the 2nd. Legislators aren't going to rescue us from this madness any more than the judicial branch will.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top