JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is a question thread. Use the up arrow to the right of good answers to upvote. Answers with more votes appear higher on the list.
Reactions
So I posted some 7mm Rem Mag in the classifieds under ammunition.

They are reloads, but not good to shoot. I posted for sale or trade thinking someone could take them apart and reload properly.

That said, another member mentioned that reloads might not be allowed. Im not trying to break any rules, as I'm still new here and want to make a good impression.

Can someone in the know please advise on this so I can move forward appropriately.

Thank you! :)

They are reloads, but not good to shoot. I posted for sale or trade thinking someone could take them apart and reload properly.

That said, another member mentioned that reloads might not be allowed. Im not trying to break any rules, as I'm still new here and want to make a good impression.

Can someone in the know please advise on this so I can move forward appropriately.

You have to possess a FFL06 to manufacture ammunition for resale, whether new or reload. If you purchased reloads manufactured by a FFL06, you can resale them. You may have to prove that chain, especially if someone is injured or worse. It sounds like you're between a rock and a hard place with yours or someone else's personal reloads that you can't sell as ammo, and if you break the ammo down yourself for components, you will have a lot of regulations to follow to legally ship powder and primers. I personally would never buy powder of unknown manufacturer and type. Options may include selling the bullets and brass and for you to reuse or dispose of the powder.

Upvote 0
You have to possess a FFL06 to manufacture ammunition for resale, whether new or reload. If you purchased reloads manufactured by a FFL06, you can resale them. You may have to prove that chain, especially if someone is injured or worse. It sounds like you're between a rock and a hard place with yours or someone else's personal reloads that you can't sell as ammo, and if you break the ammo down yourself for components, you will have a lot of regulations to follow to legally ship powder and primers. I personally would never buy powder of unknown manufacturer and type. Options may include selling the bullets and brass and for you to reuse or dispose of the powder.

^^This
https://www.atf.gov/firearms/qa/person-who-reloads-ammunition-required-be-licensed-manufacturer

Upvote 0
Ask yourself this question:
Are you in the business of selling or distributing reloads for the purpose of livelihood and profit?

If the answer is no, then you can sell your reloads legally without a license. If the answer is yes, then get your 06.

Edit: The same scenario would apply to homemade firearms. Let's say you made some 80% receivers in to firearms and sold them. If you did that as a business for the purpose of producing a livelihood and profit you would need a license. If you did it and decided later on you didn't want the firearms any longer and sold them, you don't need a license.

It makes little sense that somebody could dodge a law by, wink wink, selling something as components vs selling as assembled ammo. The product is the same product. Either the product is illegal to sell or not and in the OPs case it seems pretty clear they are not engaging in a business of selling reloads to produce a livelihood and profit.

Last Edited:
Upvote 0

I'm not certain we want people here out to make a good impression.;)

Upvote 0
I'm not certain we want people here out to make a good impression.;)

I resent the implication of making a good impression.... and I'd never be a member of any organization that'd have me as a member!

65401AC5-7146-4A9D-9F44-311BA9AD5E57.gif

Upvote 0

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews