JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Pretty sure that it's a weatherby mag. But I have seen them in win mag. A win mag will chamber in it but will be loose. I believe the weatherby mag is a little longer and a little larger in diameter. I would take it to a gunsmith.

The Wby case is a little longer but has the same rim and head diameter. Both should chamber in the Wby chamber but only the Winny will chamber in the Winny chamber.

HOWEVER.....................

The smart thing to do is take it to a good gunsmith and have him check it. If it is chambered in something funky there could be disasterous results when you pull the trigger with the wrong ammo.

Be sure BEFORE someone pulls the trigger. Mark Vs were much more common in .300 WEA (Weatherby mag) but have also been produced in .300 Win Mag. As this is marked .300 WM, a .300 Win Mag is what it SHOULD be. With that marking I would be 99.9% sure it's a .300 Win Mag.

If a .300 Weatherby round will fit in the chamber, it is a .300 weatherby chamber as the .300 WM is a little smaller. A .300 WM will fit in either chamber.

Hope this helps.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads