JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The Community Rules require a person to wait 7-days to re-post a classified for the same item. I have created an ad, and find I need to change the Thread heading. I can't find a way to change the Thread Heading once the thread has been created. If I want to change the heading of a thread for an item already posted, how can I do that without waiting 7 days and without violating the Community Rules?

Ok. I've made the changes on my 3 ads. Thanks for your help!

I'm helping a neighbor sell his firearms, and am finding this a "hard-go" to get these firearms to move after a couple of weeks:
My listings keep getting lost under the rest of the rifle classifieds. I may have to move to GunBroker to get more national visibility. Any ideas on what has been successful on this site?

I get that, but after 5 days (from what I have seen in the last two weeks), the ads get shoved into the second page and the 'viewership' drops like a rock. That leaves 2-3 days of low-viz before an ad can get bumped up again. I have been pretty diligent with the process, but all I seem to get is "nice gun" or a like or two.

I'm not complaining about the process on this site, I'm just trying to get these sold for my neighbor without making this my full-time job. :)

I get that, but after 5 days (from what I have seen in the last two weeks), the ads get shoved into the second page and the 'viewership' drops like a rock. That leaves 2-3 days of low-viz before an ad can get bumped up again. I have been pretty diligent with the process, but all I seem to get is "nice gun" or a like or two.

I'm not complaining about the process on this site, I'm just trying to get these sold for my neighbor without making this my full-time job. :)

If I am not mistaken you can shorten the bump time by being a supporting member. Also if you ever need anything changed you can hit the report button on the bottom of you add ask a mod to do changes that way.

If I am not mistaken you can shorten the bump time by being a supporting member. Also if you ever need anything changed you can hit the report button on the bottom of you add ask a mod to do changes that way.

Yep, becoming a supporter reduces the bump time (Diamond Supporters can bump every two days).

Make A Donation

Ya, it's a slow game on NWFA unless you pay to play.

I've seen your adds and I can't say for the value, but older guns these days are harder sells from what I have seen.

If it is something someone wants exactly, you would be able to sell it quickly.

If it is something no one really needs, pricing becomes your number one enemy.

If it's priced really well, it opens the doors to more folks seeing it for the deal vs the need.

You guys are amazing! I used to manage nation-wide web applications in a previous life and I know how much time it takes to make things work well. GREAT JOB!!

If you have a gunbroker account, I suggest you sell there. You'll get much more attention and it will probably sell for more money. I've seen a lot of excellent deals here, that would have sold for more money on GB. The way the classifieds are set up here is strange, as it seems like a lot of things get "swept under the rug", and then never seen or heard from again..

If you have a gunbroker account, I suggest you sell there. You'll get much more attention and it will probably sell for more money. I've seen a lot of excellent deals here, that would have sold for more money on GB. The way the classifieds are set up here is strange, as it seems like a lot of things get "swept under the rug", and then never seen or heard from again..

I'm not complaining about the procedures of this site at all. In discussing the options for selling these firearms for my neighbor, I had done a lot of research for the 'free' options as well as the 'pay-for' options e.g. GunBroker, Rock Island Auctions, Cabelas, as well as local firearm dealers. As a retired Engineer, I can consume tremendous amounts of detail that would frustrate many others. It's in my DNA! :-D

I agree, it's not as simple as selling firearms at a garage sale like it used to be, but I operate on the premise of "figure out how any system works and exploit the procedures to the maximum extent" (in a good way). :)

Thanks for your feedback!

I'm not complaining about the procedures of this site at all. In discussing the options for selling these firearms for my neighbor, I had done a lot of research for the 'free' options as well as the 'pay-for' options e.g. GunBroker, Rock Island Auctions, Cabelas, as well as local firearm dealers. As a retired Engineer, I can consume tremendous amounts of detail that would frustrate many others. It's in my DNA! :-D

I agree, it's not as simple as selling firearms at a garage sale like it used to be, but I operate on the premise of "figure out how any system works and exploit the procedures to the maximum extent" (in a good way). :)

Thanks for your feedback!
No problem my friend. By the way, I have a GB account and have never had to pay fees for a transaction there. The main problem here is things don't get bumped to the top like they should. An excellent example would be, I just posted a question on an item in the classifieds here 9 minutes ago, and it's still on page 3. Mods, are you reading this? This is the kind of stuff that needs to be addressed in the classifieds. It would help things run more smoothly and get things sold for these guys.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top