JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I don't think it stands a chance of passing, but lets assume that it does pass.

A ban on all magazines over 10 rounds....

So does that mean all pistols as well? So much for my M&P 9mm, or Glock 19's or any other pistol with capacity over 10.

A Hi Cap magazine ban would mean magazine for all types of weapons, Last time this happened, pre-existing magazines were exempt. new ones were for Law enforcement and military use only.

Vantage- Yes... you will not be allowed to buy new mags for your 9mm guns... except for the 10 round, legal in CA versions.

If there is a push for the renewal of the high cap ban law... I would get your mags before it passes... I already have.

The "hi-cap magazine ban" refers to ALL magazines.

HOWEVER......There is ZERO chance this ever even gets out of committee. Noe, zilch, nada. Not this year, not next year, not if the Dems won solid majorities in both houses. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

This is not a Hill the Dems are willing to die on. The constituency in favor of gun control is small and getting smaller every day. Gun ownership is at a level we've not seen in decades, and the pushback for supporting gun control of any kind is so large it's enough to lose a seat in congress or senate for anyone but a few select moon-bat districts like NY, Mass, NJ, etc.

Nationally, this is a DEAD issue.

Obama could offer "oral pleasure" to every person in congress and it STILL wouldn't get out of committee.

Stop paying attention to the "usual suspects" spouting the usual crap. They have no power to get anything done.

The Dems barely managed to get a healthcare bill passed with majorities in both houses and that's been THE Signature Issue for the Dems for a long time. Something as poisonous to the general electorate as gun control? Not a chance.

MARYLAND just went shall-issue fer God's sake. Wisconsin went shall-issue.

We are winning everywhere in ways so big that no one would have thought it remotely possible even 18 years ago.

But let one idiot is congress introduce the annual "Hasn't a-A-Hope-In-Hell" windmill-tilting bill, and all of a sudden the paranoia on gun boards goes through the roof.

We have much more serious threats to face from people like Jay Inslee than anything congress is even remotely likely to do.

Well if they want my 30) 15 rd M1 carbine mags they can pay me about $20.00 each for them as that is their current market value. And I ain't letting them go for less.

It may not even grandfather in existing ones, it could impact ones you own and no payment for them. Just depends on how vicious they want to be! No chance of it passing but they can say "I tried to do something but the damn Republicans blocked it!"

It may not even grandfather in existing ones, it could impact ones you own and no payment for them. Just depends on how vicious they want to be! No chance of it passing but they can say "I tried to do something but the damn Republicans blocked it!"

"We tried to protect you but the republicans and the NRA prevented us from enacting reasonable gun control measures."

This might even be a direct quote. I didn't look at past ones, just paraphrasing. I'll bet they misuse terms like reasonable and common sense though.

My husband wrote a real good article on it and I plan on posting it everywhere I can. It's about the high capacity magazine and the reasoning behind why they aren't "assault weapons", etc.... I'll post tomorrow here. I plan on sending it around to most newspapers and gun forums. We just need to keep our voices clear on this topic and make sure they do here us! Like Misterbill mentioned, we are winning everywhere. Gun purchases this year and end of last year have been at an all time high. After the Aurora incident, applications for concealed permit licenses went up 25% in Colorado and nearly that much in many other places too. The more people we get armed, the less chance of them wanting to do anything about it. The know their numbers are dwindling.

I helped out the numbers too:
Monday I ordered 1,000 rds .45, before I left work last night I ordered 1,000 rds .223 over the internet. On the way to work this afternoon I bought 2,000 rds of .22 LR. Of course, now I'm out of money to buy a new gun, but I do have some ammo for what I have.

Then on the poll regarding tougher laws on ammo I voted 5 times!!

Have had my WA CPL for about 25 years and my father had one before that.
Have my OR CHL for at least 15 years too.

Helping out where I can!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top