JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This is the second or third post on this particular gun / different topic. I have a an older handgun 1911 ish style in 38 auto. the gun is very old and my soon to be wife inherited it from her step father. The gun is cool and looks to be in good shape, but has not been shot in many many many years. when i got the gun I cleaned it thoroughly and inspected it, but as I think about it - is it a good idea to just shoot this thing or should i test fire it first so that it cannot harm the shooter, in this case me. not so sure I want my face around that gun when it fires. perhaps i am making more to this than i should - if so tell me.

my Q - should i be concerned? If so, how should i test fire? If not let me know why not.

thanks team.

This is the second or third post on this particular gun / different topic. I have a an older handgun 1911 ish style in 38 auto. the gun is very old and my soon to be wife inherited it from her step father. The gun is cool and looks to be in good shape, but has not been shot in many many many years. when i got the gun I cleaned it thoroughly and inspected it, but as I think about it - is it a good idea to just shoot this thing or should i test fire it first so that it cannot harm the shooter, in this case me. not so sure I want my face around that gun when it fires. perhaps i am making more to this than i should - if so tell me.

my Q - should i be concerned? If so, how should i test fire? If not let me know why not.

thanks team.

model 1900 or 1902? You do mean 38 ACP, not 38 Super, right?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top