JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
OK, quick questions... for any of you out there who carry a sub XD-9...

1. Where do you like to carry it on you the best?
2. What holsters do you like for it the best? (Please site brand/cost/link if at all poss.)
3. Do you carry when you have shorts on?

I LOVE the gun; it’s just bulkier than I thought it would be. I will keep it one way or another, but I was hoping it could be my conceal carry, now I am not so sure, thus the questions to figure out if others use this as their conceal weapon.

Wow that was a long sentence, please don't site me grammar police.

OK, quick questions... for any of you out there who carry a sub XD-9...

1. Where do you like to carry it on you the best?
2. What holsters do you like for it the best? (Please site brand/cost/link if at all poss.)
3. Do you carry when you have shorts on?

I LOVE the gun; it's just bulkier than I thought it would be. I will keep it one way or another, but I was hoping it could be my conceal carry, now I am not so sure, thus the questions to figure out if others use this as their conceal weapon.

Wow that was a long sentence, please don't site me grammar police.

Don't carry an XD-9 but I carry a the compact XDM 3.8 in 9mm which is pretty similar and a little longer I believe.
1. I like somewhere around 3:30-4:00, not on the hip but not really behind it either. Try moving your holster around until you find something comfortable and concealed. Not every position works well for every body type.
2. I had a Crosbreed knockoff that was alright but had a couple issues. I recently got a Tucker "The Answer" holster and love it. <broken link removed>
3. Yes.

Drew, Actually that was what I meant to write on the gun I have, it has been a long day lol. I love that gun and really want to use it as my conceal. It is encouraging to hear you use it for just that.

Thanks for the info on the holster, I will definitly take a closer look at them.

Another question... do you find that everything fits ok with shorts or levis wearing that holster, do you have issues if you are sitting? still seems tight and leaves a definite imprint if I try to wear it. Guess I need to start running again.

anyway, thanks for the info

A lot of people have Crossbreeds and love them. I bought this because someone locally was selling one. It's similar in style.
I'm having more problems putting on pants with a IWB but that's because I'm fatter than when I bought them. I don't notice any problems when I'm sitting.

I carry a full sized xd40 in a CBST @ ~4:30-5:00. I kick the handle up (top hole front, second to bottom in the back) so it sits in the lumbar curvature of my back comfy, can't see it at all. Also, a good stiff gun belt helps a great deal as far as comfort, concealabilty, etc. Had a cheap old leather belt and i had to cinch it down so tight to keep the gun against my body it hurt after a while. bought the crossbreed gun belt and it made a world of difference. not the cheapest soln, but crossbreed makes quality products. Crossbreed Holsters > Home

shorts and light weight t-shirt are no problem for me, but then again i'm not a tiny guy. 6' 175

Not a xd but a HK p2000 so similar size

I carry at 3:30-4:00 in a <broken link removed>

Just started using a wilderness 5-stitch belt and love it over the heavy leather belt I was using. Way more rigidity. Also I carry in shorts or pants no problem. 5'11" 220 so definitely got some pudge going on lol

XD40 SC
4 O'clock
Galco leather IWB (sooo comfortable)..
Even as a hefty guy (or around the waist) I can carry and conceal easily.

For shorts, I have jeanshorts, I don't really wear other types outside of the house. If I do it's always ones with a belt so I can carry.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top