JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Dear God! Why so long? Better question though, why hasn't the FFL dealer simply released the firearm at this point?

E

IT WAS DENIED not delayed.

What I can't figure out is what the rest of this story. The OP says he just got his C&R FFL and yet he gets Denied? Somethings very wrong here.

What I can't figure out is what the rest of this story. The OP says he just got his C&R FFL and yet he gets Denied? Somethings very wrong here.

Yeah, hence why I'm annoyed/Frustrated. My name isn't exactly common either, and I did provide my social. I don't like the fact that they don't issue any kind of transaction number, or document period.

I'll update this thread frequently as I discover more, as it's the weekend, there isn't much I can do at the moment other then get a fingerprint card and send off a request. I'm going to call the NCIS on monday and find out if they are aware that transaction numbers are not issued in Oregon, I simply refuse to believe that there isn't a method to track what the hell the OSP is doing.

This may be crazy but maybe someone stole your identity? Possible.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

I did recently have a credit card compromised now that you mention it. No way to find out if that went any further than a few fraudulent transactions until I can get a hold of someone from the OSP and see what is showing on my record.

Nope, an Official Birth Certificate plus something with your local address is required to make sure you are you and that you are not a non-resident trying to get a "Shop out of State tax free" card.

Not being an illegal, I used my passport once to get established at ODMV. Nothing other than my ODL has ever been needed since for anything else.

Not being an illegal, I used my passport once to get established at ODMV. Nothing other than my ODL has ever been needed since for anything else.

So it's a one time thing? That's good to know. I was worried that I'd have to drag in documents each time. I'll give the DMV credit for being less moronic than I had thought.

Mark my reading comprehension is fully intact.

THIS is what I responded to in post #5:

"I know of a guy who has been on Delay from 10/2012 to present".

I would have thought that including the above quote in my original post would have avoided any confusion. Apparently not.

E

The new laws I thought only required an embassy ID for illegal in Oregon?

A "Driver's License" requires a birth certificate or Passport.

The new law you're referring to created a "Driver's Card", which is only used to confer driving privileges to the holder. It can't be used for all the same ID-related functions as an actual "Driver's License".

Funny that i clicked on this one, my buddy in NC just got a denied on Saturday. NC must be a little faster on processing and notification because what ended up happening is his name was part of an idendity thieft case and was flagged on the NCIC. He was immediatly contacted by SBI and they cleared him on the spot within 3 hours so he could continue on his purchase. Apparently with the amount of id theift occuring now, this maybe an issue for us all.

Today's update. Spoke to a woman from OSP. They claim that there are federal charges or an indictment. They state that they can only see my Oregon record, and that now I must take this up directly with NCIS. Suddenly there is an NTN which they happily provided. I asked how it was possible for me to get an FFL and the woman actually stated "well, they don't always look at all the information that we do". I then stated "Are you telling me that they spend less time scrutinizing an FFL that allows me to have weapons shipped directly to my house than they do on a normal over the counter transaction?". I honestly don't think she was listening. However she was pleasant enough.

NCIS allows me to submit a claim online and has to respond with a specific reason within 5 days. I need to go get fingerprinted now and will update.

Today's update. Spoke to a woman from OSP. They claim that there are federal charges or an indictment. They state that they can only see my Oregon record, and that now I must take this up directly with NCIS. Suddenly there is an NTN which they happily provided. I asked how it was possible for me to get an FFL and the woman actually stated "well, they don't always look at all the information that we do". I then stated "Are you telling me that they spend less time scrutinizing an FFL that allows me to have weapons shipped directly to my house than they do on a normal over the counter transaction?". I honestly don't think she was listening. However she was pleasant enough.

NCIS allows me to submit a claim online and has to respond with a specific reason within 5 days. I need to go get fingerprinted now and will update.

It's probably a double-secret NSA indictment. They'll be stopping by to pick you up this afternoon. Have fun at Gitmo!

I half joked with the lady about that. She stated they just knew that I had either federal charges or an indictment, but couldn't give me any specifics. Frustrating and kinda scary at the same time honestly.

Is there a site that I can search my criminal history on? I'm curious if my recent identity theft actually has something to do with this now. I would think I would have known if I had caught a federal charge ever.

ETA: Pulled an online one, only thing popped up was speeding tickets, last time I even had one was 2007. Oh well. Off to get fingerprinted and wait.

2nd Edit for info: According to the general phone info line for NICS, they are currently processing appeals from APRIL!!!!! Yay.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top