JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I've built an 80% Blackout 300 I think I now want to sell.

Easiest way to do this is just keep the lower and sell the remaining components?
If so FFL transfer is not necessary correct?

This is what I'm hearing from local gun store but wanted to hear a couple other insights from anyone who's done it.

Otherwise it's serial the lower and register it correct?

Thanks all!

So I've built an 80% Blackout 300 I think I now want to sell.

Easiest way to do this is just keep the lower and sell the remaining components?
If so FFL transfer is not necessary correct?

This is what I'm hearing from local gun store but wanted to hear a couple other insights from anyone who's done it.

Otherwise it's serial the lower and register it correct?

Thanks all!
Right on all accounts, to the best of my knowledge.

If I were buying, I would not buy someone else's 80% receiver build, I'd rather buy the parts kit minus receiver. Just like I would not sell any of my 80% receivers that I built.

Awesome thanks guys, that's what I was thinking as well.

So I'll keep the lower receiver and sell it as an otherwise complete parts kit :)

Anyone interested in a 300 blackout LOL!?!
I'll post in classifieds

I build my 80's and have no intention to sell them. Ever!!

But with that said my understanding is you can sell them if you put a serial number on it.

As long as one isn't building a bunch of them with the intention to sell. But my experience with it is that the only reason to serialize it is to give an FFL something to put on his form. (FFL flipped out and called ATF, they verified the legality of the transfer!) Just pick some BS number/letter combo (I used initials and a date string) since the (stamping/engraving) requirements of a manufacturer do not apply.

BTW, for the OP: there is no registration unless it is an SBR... unless you want to talk about BGC in Oregon being de-facto registration.

As long as one isn't building a bunch of them with the intention to sell. But my experience with it is that the only reason to serialize it is to give an FFL something to put on his form. (FFL flipped out and called ATF, they verified the legality of the transfer!) Just pick some BS number/letter combo (I used initials and a date string) since the (stamping/engraving) requirements of a manufacturer do not apply.

BTW, for the OP: there is no registration unless it is an SBR... unless you want to talk about BGC in Oregon being de-facto registration.

I put serial numbers on all my 80's. If they don't have a serial number then I can't put them in my gun trust.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top