JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I been spending a lot of time, searching out the Micarta and G10 substrates, for colors available.
VZ & LOK seem to be the main players in availability of most firearms, with a variety in colors.
Also I'm finding the layers compared vendor-to-vendor, colors used are "generic" same.

Where I'm going with this? Custom.
I don't know of the substrate or how either are made, and I have not looked. I have, but briefly.
Can the color layers be hand selected and bonded per request, or are we given what they have only?

Topic = Pistol Grips

Is there a grip designer that offers building your own by layer?

Super easy to make g10. I like to make knives and have made my own micarta/g10 in the past.

You can use almost any material as a filler. Pinecones are popular, but I've seen grass, crayons, money, macaroni, and plenty of other interesting things.

The most common are paper or fabric to get a desired color. Use any clear epoxy as a binder. I like envirotex light as it is resistant to alcohol and solvents. You can get it at most hobby stores like Michael's or hobby lobby.

Real Micarta is only made in a few "colors" and as its made in 3'x4' sheets and bigger a custom color is not going to happen for less then a huge amount of money. You best bet would be to shop some of the various Custom Knifemaker suppliers to see whats available. Even if they do not offer something in larger then 1.5" wide email them and ask as most of these places buy in bulk and do their own cutting.

As to G-10 that came to the Knifemaking world just as I was getting out of it so I have almost no info to help you on that.

NOW fake Micarta that is available in all kinds of colors etc. Again the Custom Knifemaker suppliers would be a source.

How quickly the topic goes WAY off to right field.
I'm not interested in seeing a knife maker.

The subject is Pistol Grips.

To add, is there a G10 Grip Manufacturer that can pick, selectively the thin layered
colors and build to my specifics?

Refer back to my OP. Please stay on topic

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top