JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have been getting my drugs from the VA for a short time which requires a annual physical . I still have a primary care doctor here close to home. If I have my mandatory VA exam and my medicare wellness exam, will there be any problems with my insurance covering both. The VA does bill my medicare and secondary insurance if I understand it correctly. Thanks, Ken

What does your insurance say about that? Have you checked your policy exclusions?

Normally I would have said yer good but the Affordable Care Act created some changes in other private insurance coverages that I've never, ever seen before. More than likely if the VA exam is covered by your VA benefits (and I suspect it is) then the medicare wellness exam by your primary physician will be the only exam filed for reimbursement with your insurance carrier.

Check with the VA first to find out how much that exam costs. Then, if necessary, contact your insurance company to discuss. If the VA exame is covered under your VA benefit then there's nothing to worry about as there is no issue on double exams.

What does your insurance say about that? Have you checked your policy exclusions?

Normally I would have said yer good but the Affordable Care Act created some changes in other private insurance coverages that I've never, ever seen before. More than likely if the VA exam is covered by your VA benefits (and I suspect it is) then the medicare wellness exam by your primary physician will be the only exam filed for reimbursement with your insurance carrier.

Check with the VA first to find out how much that exam costs. Then, if necessary, contact your insurance company to discuss. If the VA exame is covered under your VA benefit then there's nothing to worry about as there is no issue on double exams.

Agreed.

I thought maybe someone else had already been in this situation and could share their experience. Save me half a day on the phone

I thought maybe someone else had already been in this situation and could share their experience. Save me half a day on the phone

That would be difficult. No one here knows who your insurance provider is for the primary physician services. Coverages tend to vary so it will be dictated by YOUR insurance company, not mine or anyone elses.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top