JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My sister in law is headed that way in january (please keep her in your prayers), she did a tour in iraq a few years ago.

For her iraq tour my wife sent her off with smokes, she's not smoking anymore (two kids), and I'd like some ideas of something to get for her to that might make life more bearable (I guess she's going to be driving convoys this time).

Thanks

*Hygiene stuff (non-scented baby wipes, toothpaste, shampoo, soap)
*Candy (Chocolate)
*Magazines (whatever she likes, even local Newspapers are cool)
*Sun Screen

For Xmas and stuff, she'd love a portable DVD player or MP3 player with her favorite toons...just some suggestions.

*Hygiene stuff (non-scented baby wipes, toothpaste, shampoo, soap)
*Candy (Chocolate)
*Magazines (whatever she likes, even local Newspapers are cool)
*Sun Screen

For Xmas and stuff, she'd love a portable DVD player or MP3 player with her favorite toons...just some suggestions.

These are the things I missed when I was there! what part of A-stan???

For me it was magazines, foods you can't really get at the PX. Things like noodles. Also, you need to know if her power supply is running 110 or 220. We were on 220 so any electronic equipment had to have an adapter or be rated to not get fried on 220. One thing I really liked was a portable water boiling cup thingy. Make you own hot water anytime for coffee, tea, noodles... :)

These are the things I missed when I was there! what part of A-stan???

Shkin, Orgunie, Kandahar, Bagram, Kowst to name a few....mostly all the Army bases on the Southeastern side of A-Stan.

One thing I really liked was a portable water boiling cup thingy. Make you own hot water anytime for coffee, tea, noodles... :)

This is what one of our guys brought...cool little heater (she runs on gas!).

*edit*

One thing a couple of us guys also bought were some single-man tents...so if she's going to be outside the wire a lot I would suggest a single-person tent. I still have a Coleman single-person tent...but it looks like they discontinued my model.

*edit x2*

Even though she doesn't smoke, I'd still send her smokes! I hadn't smoked a day in my life....but I made a lot of friends from the Marlboro Reds my dad sent me....lol

Not to be morbid (seriously), but maybe set her up with additional body armor if she's going to be driving in convoys.

Just FYI...SERIOUSLY this is the LAST THING she is going to want.

EVER

090129-body-armor-hmed-115a.hmedium.jpg
300px-MultiCam_IBA.jpg

if she is going to run in a rig and carry a pistol I would suggest getting her a Blackhawk serpa holster that will fit on the vest. The other stuff listed is all good. I would add a converter to go from 110 to 220.

A PSP with some long games is money. I'd suggest against a dvd player and get one of those mini laptops with USB ports and like a 500gb hard drive. Don't have to worry about cds, you can just get movies and shows with copy/paste from other peoples stuff. A small Pelican case to put your electronics in to protect from the dust, ect and also from being battered around to much on convoys.

A 110/220 power adapter is good incase you are in any place where the Brits/nato forces set up the place. Smokes are ALWAYS good.

2 cents

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads