JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I had been wanted a 1911 for a very long time
Just saw this on gunbroker.com

Springfield 1911 9mm 1911-A1 custom : Semi-auto at GunBroker.com

What exactly can you tell from the pictures??
SA 9mm slide with Caspian carbon frame? Chip trigger...??

As a gun newbie, I know I should stay away from used semi-custom/non-production guns....but somehow this one really catch my eye and I am very tempted to spend my tax return on this one.

Any idea, thoughts or recommendation??

Let's ignore the fact it looks like a basket case made out of parts from a left over bin. Even if it looks like it's in perfect condition, you have no idea who built it or how well it runs. It's a good idea to ignore so called "custom" guns because they're usually someone's attempt at dining room smithing.

Well said, Blitz...factory guns have a lot going for them, while a custom gun from someone unknown to you could be a crapshoot. Lets not forget Kimber, if you have the money and can get one.

Thanks for all the feedback. That pretty much confirmed my suspect. It was late in the night......and it looks "nice" to my sleepy eye.
Guess I am just gonna stick to the original plan....get a decent factory gun from SA or S&W.

I wanted a 9mm instead of 45 because I am very very skinny / small-build and 9mm feel just right for me. Not to mention it's much cheaper to shoot.

I already have couple of reliable polymer gun for home protection. I wanted an all metal gun for range shooting. But I think RV and MJ have a good point, a 1911 was made to .45 acp and should be .45 acp. Think I am gonna stop by Champion Arm @Renton and Marksman @Puyallup this week, both place have a few variety of 1911 in different caliber for rent.

Need to make up my mind fast before I do something stupid (like "accidentally" buying a Frankenstein 1911 online)

Thanks for all the feedback. That pretty much confirmed my suspect. It was late in the night......and it looks "nice" to my sleepy eye.
Guess I am just gonna stick to the original plan....get a decent factory gun from SA or S&W.

I wanted a 9mm instead of 45 because I am very very skinny / small-build and 9mm feel just right for me. Not to mention it's much cheaper to shoot.

You realize that a 1911 in 9mm is still the same size as one in .45, right?

Don't even think about it. Walk away. There is nothing wrong with a mix and match as long as it is well done and you're looking for a working gun not a showpiece. My carry 1911 is a frankengun, but I built it myself and know it works and what is in it.

You're tossing your dice with that one. There's not much of a description, so unless you ask a lot of questions, and the right questions, I'd pass.

Hard to make a decision on such a gun, without being able to lay hands on it.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top