JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
9mm 1911's are freaking awesome!!! Don't listen to the naysayers. RIA for a budget 9mm, STI for a little more or STI again for even more.

We aren't nay-saying as much as we were pointing out the 1911 is a big gun ,since he stated he is small of stature.

I would guess the 9mm 1911 would be a hoot.But I have big hands and the 1911 fits me very well.

Thanks Iamme for the info! STI somehow never crossed my mind and it does look very very attractive! Going to start to look into it now.
I tried both .45 and 9mm at one of the shooting range few weeks ago, and it took me less than 2 box of .45 before limp wristing let alone shooting accurately.
Browning Hi-Power seems like a good option as well.......

Damn, now I am gonna lost some sleep research into those options.

On a side note, any pros/cons for Aluminum frame 1911 vs Steel frame besides the obvious weight difference??

We aren't nay-saying as much as we were pointing out the 1911 is a big gun ,since he stated he is small of stature.
That is somewhat the direction I was going. I have never owned a 1911 in 'nine' and I have heard they are great fun to shoot BUT I was just thinking it might be easier for him to start with something a littler more 'user friendly' such as a 'traditional' DA style nine in a model that fits him. Then maybe he can go out with someone who owns a 1911 and let him shoot it. He may decide to stay with the nine - or may fall in love with the 1911 and have to have one!
If you like the ergonomics of a 1911 but want a 9mm that isn't a 1911, go with the Browning High Power.
+1 on this and I would like to suggest what I recently did -I bought a CZ - weight and ergo similar the the 1911 or High Power but less than half the price and all the gun. I will add though I WAS in the market for an all steel nine and the market is small for that.

Or you can look on here for your next toy. If you ask to see the gun in action at the range I think most will be happy to let you see what it can do. Or stop by a range that let you rent guns with a buddy for some testing time. If you like stop by the chat box and talk with us a little..

<broken link removed>

Congrats! You probably already know this, but most 1911 problems are magazine or extractor related. Start out with good quality mags and you'll be ahead of the curve. A lot of people like Wilson mags. If you have problems with your extractor (which is rare) you can usually tune it yourself by trial and error. If you need a smith to do it, it's pretty cheap.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top