JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Are those rubber SKS bolt-buffers useful or needed? Is the bolt striking the rear of the gun actually an occurrence or a problem? It seems to me that it could only happen if the recoil spring was worn out, but a lot of people buy those rubber buffers. I'd be grateful for your experiences......................elsullo :huh:

The way i look at it, the SKS was designed without it and the rifle was used and abused all over the world and still functioned fine.

I'm not getting one. My very good condition SKS will probably run fine for a long time without one.

I've tried these in a few different platforms, 1911, AK, FAL, and HK-91. All have failed, and broken up, into little pieces. They seem to get brittle from the solvents in clp. I keep my guns cleaned and lubed for storage, and the oil or solvent effects the rubber.
The problems with the bumpers, outweighs the benfits.

With the SKS, run it straight stock. No buffer, stock 10rd mag, stock wood stock. That's how the VC fought with them, and they always worked.

I have had my 52 Russian sks for 14 years this August and have put thousands of rounds through her. I don't see the need. On my ruger 10/22 the buffer is great but I'm sure it is due to the small caliber.

I have one in my SA 1911 & SKS. They have been there over a year. They both work fine with no problems. I clean them with soap/water when the rest of the weapon is cleaned. I like them.
jd

Have fired countless rounds through my SKS without any silly buffer... figure if it needed a buffer, Mr. Simonov would have designed it with one.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top