Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Question for Ruger revolver experts about a Ruger Single Six 9.5"

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by Nutty4Guns, Oct 15, 2011.

1. Nutty4Guns

Nutty4Guns Portland ADHD Superstar

I just picked this up and was wondering if someone could tell me more about it. I have already determined from the serial number that it was probably built in '85 or '86. It has fully adjustable target sights. It is blued but with a stainless grip frame/trigger guard. Was this a pretty standard model, or is it rare in any way?
    Guns003.jpg
    Bryce113.jpg

2. shayne

shayne port townsend Active Member

that is a very pretty gun .i too just got one mine is a 6 1/2 inch with both cylinders made in 79.did you get the original packaging and both cylinders.i double ordered pearl grips if your interested. oh and ive never seen one with part stainless very cool.if i may ask how much did you get it for.pm me if you would like

3. madcratebuilder

madcratebuilder Ardenwald, OR Well-Known Member

Grip frame swaps are common on the SA Rugers. The loooong barrel is uncommon. Cool revolver.

4. orygun

orygun West Linn Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Are you sure the grip frame is stainless? They were always made of aluminum and it's not uncommon to see one that's had the frame stripped. Also, I believe that Ruger made some that way.
    Sorry, I'm no expert, but there are Ruger forums out there where you should be able to find someone who is!