1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $850 in prizes this month -- enter now for your chance to win!
    Dismiss Notice

Question for Ruger Alaskan or Super Redhawk owners.

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by jordanvraptor, Mar 21, 2011.

1. jordanvraptor

jordanvraptor Oregon City, Oregon Well-Known Member

Is the bottom edge of the tip of the trigger sharp on your revolvers? I went shooting with a friend who had just bought a Ruger Alaskan .454 and in recoil my trigger finger got poked by the edge which was very sharp. Not a big deal and only happened once but it just seems like a bad quality control issue if they leave a sharp edge on the trigger like that. Just wondering if others have this on their revolvers?

Other than that it was fun to shoot, definitely more than the .44 Magnums I have shot but not unmanageable.
  2. Bill Siegle

Bill Siegle Oregon Active Member

I find all my Ruger revolvers have had nice crisp lines on them. I have taken all my Ruger DA revolvers down and polished the triggers. Once they are smoothed out, no more trigger bite and it has always resulted in a smoother trigger pull too. I always wondered if they shaped their triggers that way just to be different from S&W. Nice thing is it is a pretty easy fix as Rugers aren't too hard to disassemble. A file and some sandpaper or a light bit of work withe a Dremel is all that's needed.