JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I wouldn't worry about it. Buy as much as you can. Every time you go to a store --- for whatever reason whatsoever --- make it a thing where you never leave without purchasing 1 or 2 gallon jugs of water.

Well there's this new-fangled thing called "Google". . .

http://chemistry.about.com/od/foodchemistryfaqs/f/bottled-water-shelf-life.htm

http://www.survivalistboards.com/showthread.php?t=215126

. . . which produced these results.

Evidently sterile water bottled in an inert container has no real expiration date, and the only thing a user would notice is a flat taste, which can be reduced by aerating the water before drinking.

You might try that "Google" thingie for yourself. They say its going to be real popular some day. o_O
Yo MrNatural when I was young and skinny I read the UNEEDA COMIX & MrNatural and the Free Wheelin' Franklin Brothers (or sumpin like that.)

There's a gravity drip system called Berkey I think. Recreational Equipment Inc. sells them. I am no big fan of REI as they have been infested with:mad: Sierra Club tree huggers :pand other riff :mad:raff but they also sell (for the most part) good to high quality gear if you can afford it. I have an old MSR filtering system I bought during the frenzy prior to Year2K and nuttin (really) happened. Well one thing happened...for 10+years I cooked my suppers with .99 cent a gallon propane. My MSR rig is sposed to make me 1,000 gallons before it needs a new filter cartridge. MSR is a good brand. I got me an MSR stove too and a real old Svea 123 stove that still works.

I drink lots of water. My brand is Crystal Geyser. I get 24 pints for $3 and that works for me. Two cases lasts me about a month and I keep some gallon jugs too. Just to be on the safe side buy a couple gallons of plain chlorine bleach to make iffy water drinkable water. Two drops per quart for clear water or 4 drops per quart for cloudy water. That's what all the survival books said do 40 years ago when I started backpacking. Halazone tablets work too. Read the label.

That's all this old long haired Redneck's got.

HUA

wtf? bottled water? why would you need that, that's why our ancestors put water in pipes! and before that, they got water from streams, lakes, springs, rivers, etc.
Oh really Mister AMP?!? I drank some untreated creek water once in Texas. Sure coulda used some Kaopectate or Peptol. I was one sick puppy when I got back to the base but the doc gave me some tiny little white pills and they put my insides back on an even keel.

Never EVER drink untreated water. You do so at your own risk.

Oh really Mister AMP?!? I drank some untreated creek water once in Texas. Sure coulda used some Kaopectate or Peptol. I was one sick puppy when I got back to the base but the doc gave me some tiny little white pills and they put my insides back on an even keel.

Never EVER drink untreated water. You do so at your own risk.

I didn't say you shouldn't treat it, I said you can get it from lakes, rivers and streams.

I've got a 1943 GI stainless steel canteen
hung on my bob.
Brutus out.
Hay there Brutus I got me a 1944 GI SS canteen with a big old dent near the top. After near drowning in a small boat in some salt water I threw a couple bouillon cubes in that canteen, hung it over a codroaster and while we dried our clothes we took sips of hot broth to keep the HYPOTHERMIA BLUES AWAY. It's also the safest place to keep moonshine (if'n you got some.:rolleyes::p:rolleyes:

Hay Brutus knock out some of your *conversations* and make some room for new messages. I wanna ask you a couple things on the down low. Like where in the county are you up river or down river?

Did you watch too much Popeye when you was a wee lad?:cool:

I didn't say you shouldn't treat it, I said you can get it from lakes, rivers and streams.
Oki Doki Bubba just please treat it or boil it first. I mean doncha wanna live long enuf to survive the apocalypse doncha?!? Ya know if we win we'll take back our Republic like Nathan Hale and Patrick Henry did. Then we can make America back into the country the Founding Fathers gave us.:confused::eek::(;)

I recommend the sawyer mini filter, chemical, and charcoal filtering:

Take a 2L water bag/bladder fill with water, add 10 drops (.5ml), allow bag to sit in sun for 30 minutes, shake it at 15 mins.

Attach bag to filter tubing, in this order: bladder -> charcoal filter -> sawyer mini-filter -> catch container

When I lived in Australia all the old stations had rain water catchments attached to the roof of each bldg., there were even huge covered cisterns, enough to last years. The tanks had algae in them, some of the open tanks had birds in them, many of the tanks were galvanized. I drank from those tanks for months and was never sick, My personal 2 gallon water jug was translucent white and was out in the sun. algae grew in it after several months. I scoured it with river sand, no problem. If your tank is not opaque simply paint it or wrap it in duct tape. Here at site #2 I have surplus 5 gallon water cans and 50 gallon drums, I also have 1 gallon jugs, which are easier to use in the kitchen when water supply goes down.
when bathing or washing dishes you can reuse the water in the garden or toilet.
I think there is a GI training film on how to save and bathe with just one canteen of water!o_O

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top