Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Question for motorcycle riders

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Zhivago, Jun 15, 2009.

1. Zhivago

Zhivago Everett, WA Member

I need a pair of riding boots/riding shoes and have the misfortune of wearing 14EE or 15EE depending on the fit...anyone know of some place that has riding footwear this size? All I can find are 13D as the biggest anyone offers. Thanks for any help.

2. Muddman

Muddman Aloha Member

Dirt or Street?

3. cameronhu

cameronhu Ridgefield, Wa Member

Also- Are you looking for something to wear only for riding, or are you looking for something you can wear throughout the course of the day? I have some dedicated Daytona boots that are great for wearing with leathers, but most of the time, I wear lightweight combat-style goretex Danners. I can wear them w/ jeans or with other clothes and not look like I just stepped in from the race track. -- The boots I have are Danner Striker II's. Looks like they are normally stocked up to size 14D, but Danner is local (Portland)- and if you give them a call they might be able to help you out.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2009
  4. krawl

krawl Oregon Member

5. Weebs

Weebs Clackamas County Member

ewwwwwwwwww sb.ws it burns precious it burns

6. VWTim

VWTim Corvallis, OR Member

Try checking out www.newenough.com If they dont' have any in stock, I'm sure they would know who makes them. Excellent place.

7. Frog

Frog Vancouver, Washington Member

'Cruiser Works' riding boots are the best I've found for general road riding. Excellent quality in both materials and workmanship. The leather they use is completely waterproof and no additional waterproofing products are needed or recommended for the life of the boots!

Here's the 'catch'. You can ride in them all day with both comfort and protection. Then, when you get off the bike and start walking around, you feel like you are wearing slippers!

I've owned mine for 9 years/about 130,000 miles, and they still look and feel great.

They run about $225.00 - $ 250.00 for standard sizes. You can Google Cruiserworks Motorcycle Boots for their web site. I beleive they will manufacture any size you want at an additional cost.

Frog.

8. Zhivago

Thanks for all the responses everyone. They will be for street riding, though I'd like to get into dirt riding at some point I think. As for wether I want them just for riding or for riding and wearing all day...I dont really care either way as long as I can find something that fits. Right now the only suitable boots I have are my Danner work boots which are heavy, clunky, have a huge toe and aren't very flexible.

9. Frog

Yup, nothing I hate worse than getting off the bike and walking around in a pair of 'custom fit' concrete slabs!!

I still pack my tennis shoes, when attending what will be full days of sight-seeing, but generally I don't need them.
    Frog.

10. VWTim

VWTim Corvallis, OR Member

I wear a pair of Oxtar Matrix Goretex boots that fit your request. They're now sold as TCX, and the X-Five are very similar. They've been going strong for 3 years of daily use, ~20,000 miles, and I still wear them a couple years later.

11. Mark-60

Mark-60 Someplace near Hillsboro Active Member

I bet you would hate having your ankle and foot crushed/ground to a pulp under your bike a little worse... Just sayin'...

-Mark.

12. Frog

You completely mis-read my statements, so let me explain....

I wear 'comfortable' boots while riding. That's my reference to Cruiser Works boots. They are so comfortable, in fact, that I can also wear them while sightseeing. Therefore, while I still pack walking shoes, I seldem need them, as the riding boots are so very comfortable.

Yes, I would hate having my ankle and foot crushed/ground to a pulp! One other thing that also helps, is knowing how to read. :thumbup:

Frog.

13. Mark-60

Mark-60 Someplace near Hillsboro Active Member

I know what you meant, I was just funnin'. ;)

14. Frog

Sorry Mark. I guess I mis-read you. I didn't find the 'ankle and foot crushed/ground to a pulp' part funny.

All said I think it's safe to say that we both believe in wearing at least basic protection went riding. I admitantly don't over dress, like I'm expecting to crash, but good boots, gloves and a helmet is a must. I know I should use my chaps more often, but damn there are a pain in the a**. I have a pair of Drag'n Jeans that I wear, but often they are to hot.

But seeing a guy riding a bike in shorts, tennis shoes, and no gloves makes me cringe!

Ride safe,
    Frog.

15. orygun

orygun West Linn Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

But seeing a guy riding a bike in shorts, tennis shoes, and no gloves makes me cringe!

No doubt! I can't believe how many people I see like that. How about the goons that wear flip-flops? Or the guys that take their girlfriends for a ride wearing next to nothing. May look good, but she won't look too good covered in scars....

Once my Alpinestars wore out I've found myself wearing over the ankle work boots. Mine are Wolverine steel toes. Not clunky and are comfortable once I'm off and walking around. I'd wear my ropers, but I don't like how easy they slide off.

16. Zhivago

Are over the ankle work boots satisfactory for safety in terms of resistance to crushing if your foot got caught under the bike in a slide for instance? Dont most motorcycle boots have metal plates at the ankle to prevent that?

17. Descendant

Descendant Eugene, Oregon Member

A good pair of motorcyle boots will have some carbon-fiber at the ankles, or hard plastic.

18. MountainBear

MountainBear Sweet Home, OR Well-Known Member

I have 14 EEEE shoe size. I don't ride dirt bikes, so I won't be much help there. But on my Harley, I wear Cove Matterhorn duty boots. They are long and wide enough and are comfortable. I've been down while wearing mine, and my ankles survived fine.