JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was cutting some firewood in an area where there had been some thinning done. There were hundreds of brush piles. All of them had a sheet of black plastic thrown over the top of them with a bit more brush on top of that apparently to keep the plastic on. What gives? The plastic didn't seem big enough to keep any of the brush pile dry.

Yep Gunner correct. All the brush pile needs is a point that will ignite. The guys I know will some times take crap grass straw with them and they stuff a wad of it in under the tarped area and hit it with a propane torch. In a couple min the whole pile is alight.

Yep Gunner correct. All the brush pile needs is a point that will ignite. The guys I know will some times take crap grass straw with them and they stuff a wad of it in under the tarped area and hit it with a propane torch. In a couple min the whole pile is alight.

The diesel-blowing fans are pretty helpful in that area!

I don't know enough about this but it would seem that if they decided to burn these brush piles they would be setting themselves up for a big forest fire. The area was thinned but there was still plenty of trees and fuel on the ground.

Slash burn have been going on for maybe 100+ years and since they typically do it in the wet season the chances of starting a forest fire in the middle of a clear cut is pretty slim.

Slash burn have been going on for maybe 100+ years and since they typically do it in the wet season the chances of starting a forest fire in the middle of a clear cut is pretty slim.

I wasn't in a clear cut area. Would be a little hard to get decent firewod in that type of area. As mentioned it was a thinned area but still had probably 6-8 trees per 20'x20' square.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top