JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
If you could only buy one suppressor and had to choose from one for the firearms you have: HK USP .45, .22 LR handgun and rifle, 5.56 carbine, AK type rifles or .308 EBR; which would you suppress and which suppressor would you get?

SF-

I would get the 308 / 7.62 model.

Reasoning,

you can always run smaller bullets through a bigger hole, but not the other way around. it will not suppress a 5.56 as much as a 5.56 suppressor, but it is still better then no suppressor. you could run .22's through it also. You would just need to find thread adapters or have all your weapons threaded to match the suppressors threads.

I would rather have 1 suppressor that works on one of my weapons that works great, and only mediocre on the others, then 1 suppressor that works great on 1 rifle but wont work on any others.

As for make, i don't have a preference and am not fully versed on the pros and cons of each manufacturer.

Well, a .308 if only one. BUT realize that if you run .22 ammo through it (it will be a sealed can, meaning you can't take it apart), you will get a ton of lead/carbon and whatnot built up into the can, and it will eventually affect sound performance. YHM phantom is a good can, fairly priced. You can go 9mm, too, and get a SWR Trident. If you're gonna go .22lr, get a SWR Spectre.

Another thing to keep in mind is thread pitch/count changes for each caliber of can. There are alot of adapters out there, but the ATF is currently (it seems) trying to define alot of adapters/pistons, etc.. as registered parts, meaning they would be the same as suppressors. So basically if you get a .308 can, get all the adapters immediately that you think you will ever want for the can.

For best suppression, a bolt gun will be the quietest option you can get. Subsonic ammo eliminates sonic crack.

From your list of guns, I'd get an SWR Spectre for the .22's. Otherwise I'd get a 9mm can,you can use them on a pistol, a rifle or even a .357 Handi-rifle with very good suppression. My third can would/will be a .308/.300 can, you can use a lot of different rounds(.223 included) with good results. Like all the manufacturers state you can shoot .22lr through the other cans, BUT you will fill them up with gook.

Honestly I'd go 308. I love my 22 can, but see more use out of a 308 can. You can use it on your 308 and 223. Also 22 cans are cheaper, so a better chance that after this you can raise the funds to get a 22 can, cuz you will want one.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top