JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Maybe this has been talked about before, but in what research i've done, I couldn't find any other topics.

I'm cherry picking specifically this part of the 2A for my point ", the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." Note that it says 'of the people' and not 'of law abiding citizens'. Because it specifically says "people" should this mean all people, including criminals?

Do you think by allowing the limitation of the 2A in that way, (only law abiding citizens) they got a 'foot in the door' to allow even further "reasonable restrictions of the right"?

Was that not infringement from the start?

Just something I was wondering the other day and wanted to toss it out there for some constructive discussion.

You can lose your rights, including your right to live, by committing crimes (infringing on other people's rights). Social revenge is a very ancient norm, much older than the Constitution, I doubt it is going away any time soon.

Take the sex offender registry, for example. A young guy whose only guilt was consensual sex with someone 1 month younger, or an old fart caught peeking into a women's locker room - after serving years in prison they have to be ridiculed by the society for a decade, and sometimes for life, while a mass murderer can get out and live quite normally just because his crimes did not have anything to do with sex. And we, taxpayers, have to fund that irrational social revenge.

You can lose your rights, including your right to live, by committing crimes (infringing on other people's rights). Social revenge is a very ancient norm, much older than the Constitution, I doubt it is going away any time soon.

Take the sex offender registry, for example. A young guy whose only guilt was consensual sex with someone 1 month younger, or an old fart caught peeking into a women's locker room .
unless it is a politician especially a Democrat.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top