JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I should first state that this thread is NOT intended to start a debate about blued vs. SS. I have made a personal choice to sell all of my blued guns and only buy stainless or coated steel guns that will be used for hunting. In fact, I just sold my last blued gun a couple of days ago. Why am I telling you this? Because I need a shotgun since I sold my blued one and the only stainless shotgun that I can find is the Ruger Red Label O/U. The problem is that I don’t believe Ruger makes this gun anymore because it apparently was not very popular. I still see them advertised (new and used in the camo edition) on some of the internet gun sites but they are not very common. The cheapest I have seen this model sell for new was $1250. I have no experience with Ruger shotguns and I was hoping some of you all might be able to enlighten me as to why this gun did not sell very well. It seems to me that this gun would be the gun to use in wet conditions since it is camo covered stainless and O/U it would be very low maintenance gun?

What am I missing? I would appreciate advice/comments from you guys that shoot shotguns frequently.

I know you said that you don't want to start a stainless/blued debate, but I think the reason the stainless guns didn't sell well is because the guys that want to shoot an o/u or sxs shotgun are looking for something more traditional. If I was going to build a double for nasty weather, I would get the blued version and have the barrels cera-koted. The receiver is already stainless. The cera-kote would be impervious to the elements, but would be more rust resistant than stainless. Just my .02.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top