JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a Gamo Cadet Delta, got it used and it has no rear sight and the mount for the front sight (the crossways dovetail) is damaged. I'm assuming my only option is to mount some type of scope. Mostly this would be used for shooting rats around the chicken coop at about 20-30 yards. I am a bit confused about the scope mounting and have repeatedly looked at Gamo's website, eBay, etc. There are two grooves machined into the receiver and appear to be referred to as "11 mm" rails. Questions:

1. Is that the correct description for what I have? There is nothing mounted onto the receiver, jsut the two machined "rails.

2. Is there a scope or other sight that I can buy that will mount directly to these rails? Wife prefers more of a "sight". Would it be best to go with one of the laser types and will those mount as well?

Thanks!
RD

I have a Gamo Cadet Delta, got it used and it has no rear sight and the mount for the front sight (the crossways dovetail) is damaged. I'm assuming my only option is to mount some type of scope. Mostly this would be used for shooting rats around the chicken coop at about 20-30 yards. I am a bit confused about the scope mounting and have repeatedly looked at Gamo's website, eBay, etc. There are two grooves machined into the receiver and appear to be referred to as "11 mm" rails. Questions:

1. Is that the correct description for what I have? There is nothing mounted onto the receiver, jsut the two machined "rails.

2. Is there a scope or other sight that I can buy that will mount directly to these rails? Wife prefers more of a "sight". Would it be best to go with one of. the laser types and will those mount as well?

Thanks!
RD

Should be a 3/8 or 11 mm dovetail groove. Rings should be avail at Wally or Bimart. I don't have one, but guys seem to like the 4-16x40 mm AO Centerpoint scopes from Wally at approx. $80

Should be a 3/8 or 11 mm dovetail groove. Rings should be avail at Wally or Bimart. I don't have one, but guys seem to like the 4-16x40 mm AO Centerpoint scopes from Wally at approx. $80

Thanks, but is the "3/8 or 11 mm" mean they are the same thing? 3/8" is actually just under 10 mm (about 9.5). I'm assuming they are the same but don't want to order or buy something that "fits 3/8 in. dovetail" and find out it's an entirely different size of dovetail.

RD

Thanks, but is the "3/8 or 11 mm" mean they are the same thing? 3/8" is actually just under 10 mm (about 9.5). I'm assuming they are the same but don't want to order or buy something that "fits 3/8 in. dovetail" and find out it's an entirely different size of dovetail.

RD

The 3/8 & 11mm work with either. The side plate used to tighten on the rings can be flipped to match the groove angle. Get 3/8 or 11mm and you'll be fine.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top