Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Question about sight/scope for Gamo Cadet Delta

Discussion in 'Air Rifle & Pistol Discussion' started by Ruger Dude, Mar 16, 2015.

1. Ruger Dude

Ruger Dude Portland New Member

I have a Gamo Cadet Delta, got it used and it has no rear sight and the mount for the front sight (the crossways dovetail) is damaged. I'm assuming my only option is to mount some type of scope. Mostly this would be used for shooting rats around the chicken coop at about 20-30 yards. I am a bit confused about the scope mounting and have repeatedly looked at Gamo's website, eBay, etc. There are two grooves machined into the receiver and appear to be referred to as "11 mm" rails. Questions:

1. Is that the correct description for what I have? There is nothing mounted onto the receiver, jsut the two machined "rails.

2. Is there a scope or other sight that I can buy that will mount directly to these rails? Wife prefers more of a "sight". Would it be best to go with one of the laser types and will those mount as well?

Thanks!
    RD

2. nomobux

nomobux Ellensburg, Wa New Member

Should be a 3/8 or 11 mm dovetail groove. Rings should be avail at Wally or Bimart. I don't have one, but guys seem to like the 4-16x40 mm AO Centerpoint scopes from Wally at approx. $80

3. Ruger Dude

Thanks, but is the "3/8 or 11 mm" mean they are the same thing? 3/8" is actually just under 10 mm (about 9.5). I'm assuming they are the same but don't want to order or buy something that "fits 3/8 in. dovetail" and find out it's an entirely different size of dovetail.

RD

4. nomobux

The 3/8 & 11mm work with either. The side plate used to tighten on the rings can be flipped to match the groove angle. Get 3/8 or 11mm and you'll be fine.

5. Ruger Dude

Awesome, greatly appreciated!
    RD

6. nomobux

No problem. I see the delta has 11mm dovetail if that helps you.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2015