JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
What is needed to sell a firearm? Do i need to show proof of some sort that I own the firearm? My girlfriend bought our son a pistol, but he can't pull the trigger and we don't want it. Can I sell the pistol if its under my girlfriends name?

I never sold a gun before so any other information will be gladly appreciated.

Also what about buying a firearm? I know about buying across state lines and all but how would you know if the gun is legit when buying ftf?

Thanks

you need to make sure the buyer is from/lives in the same state (see drivers license if necesary) and they are at least 18yrs old. Also ask if they are allowed to own firearms (legally). You can fill out a simple bill of sale if you want but it is not necesary to have that unless your girlfriend wants to cover herself in the future if it were to be used illegally.

use this for a BOS there used to be one on the site but it has not been added back with the upgrade of the site.

BILL OF SALE FOR A FIREARM
Buyer certifies that they are not restricted or forbidden by law to own a firearm and buyer states that he/she:
• Has NEVER been convicted in any court of a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding 1 year.
• Is NOT a fugitive from justice.
• Is NOT an unlawful user of or addicted to any controlled substance.
• Has NEVER been adjudicated as a mental defective or has been committed to a mental institution.
• Is NOT an alien illegally or unlawfully in the United states or an alien admitted to the United states under a nonimmigrant visa.
• Has NOT been discharged from the Armed Forces under dishonorable conditions.
• Having been a citizen of the United states, has NEVER renounced his or her citizenship.
• Is NOT subject to a court order that restrains the person from harassing, stalking, or threatening an intimate partner or child of such intimate partner.
• Has NOT been convicted of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence
• CAN lawfully receive, possess, ship, or transport a firearm.
• Is NOT a person who is under indictment or information for a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding 1 year.
I truthfully state that I AM NOT a person who cannot legally buy, receive, and posses firearms and/or ammunition.
Full Name _________________________________________ Signature _______________________________________
Firearm(s) sold
Make: __________________ Model:_____________ Caliber: ____________ S/N: _______________ Cost: ___________
Make: __________________ Model:_____________ Caliber: ____________ S/N: _______________ Cost: ___________
Buyer Seller
(NAME) (NAME)
(ADDRESS) (ADDRESS)
(DL) (DL)
(CWL) (CWL)
(Contact #) (Contact #)
I understand the firearm is sold AS-IS and no warranty has been implied or given. Firearm should be inspected by a
competent gunsmith prior to using. Seller not responsible for any damages incurred or caused by the use of this firearm.
Sale Conditions: _____________________________________________________________________________________
Buyer Signature:_________________________________

What is needed to sell a firearm? Do i need to show proof of some sort that I own the firearm? My girlfriend bought our son a pistol, but he can't pull the trigger and we don't want it. Can I sell the pistol if its under my girlfriends name?

I never sold a gun before so any other information will be gladly appreciated.

Thanks

If the pistol is what your selling " I " believe the Buyer should be 21 yrs. of age.:s0131: ??
Looks like legally, you could sell to someone 18+. your call
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Legal_age_to_own_a_handgun_in_Oregon

What about buying a firearm? I know about buying across state lines and all but how would you know if the gun is legit when buying ftf?

Selling? Make sure the buyer is the proper age (18+), lives in your state, you don't believe he/she is a felon, (trust your gut...if it feels weird, walk away) and has the required amount of cash. You are NOT legally obligated to do any paperwork whatsoever for a FTF transaction. Buying is pretty much the same.

Selling? Make sure the buyer is the proper age (18+), lives in your state, you don't believe he/she is a felon, (trust your gut...if it feels weird, walk away) and has the required amount of cash. You are NOT legally obligated to do any paperwork whatsoever for a FTF transaction. Buying is pretty much the same.

Lol how do you just walk away? That would be really really awkward. I mean both ways if that person is legal or illegally allowed to own a firearm, that person would feel offended and probably start something...

You do just that, walk away.

A lot of times we meet folks in the parking lot of such and such store after work (in the winter, often after dark). Is that smart anyhow? But walking away is always the right thing to do if it isnt right.

I suggest selling/buying on this forum, from folks with positive feedback. I am a noob on this board, but I have made 4 deals on it recently, and all have been without a hitch. Just require ID, bill of sale if you wish, and some folks even require a CHL (demonstrates can legally own a firearm).

Lol how do you just walk away? That would be really really awkward. I mean both ways if that person is legal or illegally allowed to own a firearm, that person would feel offended and probably start something...

"On second thought, I'm not doing this. Have a nice day." and start walking. It's pretty easy to do. I don't really care if I offend someone. Most people are too cowardly to start something with a stranger.

And if you feel weird, and go thru with the deal, and the person isn't a resident, YOU are part of the party when/if time comes the piper must be paid. If I am doing a trade, I try to make it clear that neither of us is obligated till we've seen the gun - so I can always say no.

Had one guy on another board want to meet me out back of a Fred Meyer's in Portland at night to purchase the gun. Really. So, I suggested McDonald's parking lot about 4pm. Buyer evaporated. Even so, I wouldn't have sold to that guy....behind a department store in a dark parking lot. LOL!

I've done quite a few face to face transactions in the hopes of finding that perfect pistol for me. I've never really had a bad feeling when dealing with folks from here or other local websites, but I would not hesitate to simply say I'm not comfortable with the transaction and walk. If they drove a longer ways than I did I would probably be inclined to give some gas money or something to make things fair.

Usually I'll setup the trade to be in a public place in daylight preferably, but there's been times when I've had to deal at night simply because we both worked later than the sun stayed out. Typically those trades were with members here that have solid feedback ratings. Regardless of who I'm dealing with I am, however, always armed when buying selling or trading. There is one gentleman on this website with whom I've dealt quite a bit and we're always both armed, simply because you never know who else might see what's going on and decide they want what you have. We've been in the middle of transactions and had people walk up to us, usually just asking for change, a smoke, or just help in general. You never know though, please be careful.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top